Acura TLX Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to my TLX. The driver seat popped and there is a white circle on the passenger seat. The car is out of warranty. The quote I received for both driver and passenger seat was $502. The only thing Acura would do is offer a $200 curtesy credit. Not what I would say is good service for a known defect. They alienated a customer over $502.00.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered the drivers side seat trim piece - $30.00
- took me and a friend less than 45 min to replace - more because we had to find the way to detatch the trim piece (instructions on the internet were terrible) - once we found the screw to detach the front piece it was pretty simple - And Acura said there was no way I could get the part for $30.00 - Acura justifing Nalley Acura charging me 259.00 to replace the part. 2 screws and remove the seatbelt bolt - unclip everything... attach the seat belt through the slit in the new piece, snap it back together, put your 2 screws back in and your in business! Lets see how long this one lasts!
More upset that Anthony with Acura customer care was so rude. Will definately rethink my next purchase being an Acura! My Acura TSX was totaled in Dec which I had driven for 10 years - (Loved it...never an issue) 3 trips to Nalley Acura to replace it with no luck ....
their sales force was so rude ...so I found a used TLX w/ 12000 miles - like new! I will say dealing with the Toyota dealership that had it for sale was so easy and pleasant to deal with ....will definately go back there! MY BF needs a new Tundra :)
Try your local Honda dealership. Honda owns Acura and can perform all the same services, get all the same parts, and is cheaper.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts