Acura TLX Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 Base so probably not under warranty anymore. I need to go in about vibration at highway speeds though. I heard there's a bulletin about it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I had the bulletin done... it helped slightly. What did help more was when I got new tires... vibration was eliminated for me. Perhaps due to the bulletin AND new tires latter.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
My seat trim has also just started to show the dreaded 'half circle', which I guess means it will break apart shortly. I'm out of warranty, but going to try and take it in anyway. I tend to wonder if this happens more to people who don't use the automatic seat when they enter or leave the vehicle. I never liked it and turned it off on day one.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
Just a thought, what is the seat position on those that have had this failure? Does the metal part move relative to the plastic part? Is the seat all the way up/down, forward/backward? Do you have the seat go all the way back to "load" into the seat?
Here's a simple tests:
  1. Make sure your preset (1 or 2) is set after your seat is in the correct position.
  2. Manually move the seat all the way up or down, forward or backward.
  3. Lock the car
  4. Unlock the car and observe your seat movement.
  5. Does this movement force the metal part to come in contact with the plastic part?
I have not looked at my seat plastic part (I believe it is NOT broken, or has a white circle), but I do all the driving (~55,000 miles/88,000 km), do not slide the seat back to load/unload, driving location is almost all the way back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a thought, what is the seat position on those that have had this failure? Does the metal part move relative to the plastic part? Is the seat all the way up/down, forward/backward? Do you have the seat go all the way back to "load" into the seat?
Here's a simple tests:
  1. Make sure your preset (1 or 2) is set after your seat is in the correct position.
  3. Lock the car
  5. Does this movement force the metal part to come in contact with the plastic part?
I have not looked at my seat plastic part (I believe it is NOT broken, or has a white circle), but I do all the driving (~55,000 miles/88,000 km), do not slide the seat back to load/unload, driving location is almost all the way back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It happened to my 2015 TLX a week ago. Metal hook has interference with plastic. After many use it weakens and breaks. Hope it is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a simple tests:
  3. Lock the car
No it does not. There is an interference. As you sit on the seat it pushes down as it should and metal hook goes against the plastic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely a warranty fix. It's happened too frequently.
According to Acura of Columbus GA, it does no warrant a fix by the dealer. One maintenance consultant stated that Acura have reenforced the plastic covering due to this complaint, another stated that the part, even though defective does not mean that the dealership should replace it and that the manager stated this. Yet they are willing to charge me $40+ to purchase the covering and $60+ to install it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
An odd thing happened the other day.

I got into the car and noticed that a piece of plastic fell off the base of the drivers's seat. Previously there was a white circle that appeared before the break. Apparently an inside piece of the chair was pushing against the plastic and it finally broke.

Wonder if warranty will cover it or if they will say I am too fat?:eek:

I will find out on my next oil change.
They did not cover mine over 36000 miles. They told me it was caused by sitting in front of the seat. I told them HS. They said it is not safety or emission therefore will cost you $600.00 and it will break again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine wasn't broken, but did crack when I sat on the edge of the seat. (I'm 6'2/190.) My dealer replaced under warranty. The color is slightly off, but I guess it's better than the "smile."

They also replaced the driver's side B-pillar trim which no longer set flush.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Gee that is better than my dealer.... when replacing something in the trunk they didn't put the plastic side trim on fully... so I figured I would just do it myself to save a trip... its the trim piece that is by the rear window... so tight to work I got it back on fully but after breaking one of the clips.... argggggg

41 - 51 of 51 Posts