Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
Just a quick comment: my seat started seeing this issue as well (6', 215lbs)... when I had my car in this week for my transmission (2-3 shift) issue, pointed it out and they said no sweat, we'll replace. Next appointment is in 2 weeks for the transmission stuff and I don't want to go back twice so I'll update in 2 weeks when the replacement is done.
I haven't seen any distress on my seat frame yet but almost every time I get out of the car I hear some noises/creaks in the frame leading me to believe that eventually, something will break. I do use the auto slide back feature for ease of entry/exit into the car. Anybody else experiencing these noises?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this same issue - mine has broke 4 times now in the 1.5 years I've had my car. This is so annoying having to go back to get this fixed! I don't understand why Acura has not resigned the seat so this doesn't happen over and over!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
I've had this same issue - mine has broke 4 times now in the 1.5 years I've had my car. This is so annoying having to go back to get this fixed! I don't understand why Acura has not resigned the seat so this doesn't happen over and over!!!!

That would be a pain for sure.

Others in the group have had this fixed and I don't think they've had it reoccur. I wonder what is different between how the different service depts fix the issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Each time (3) they have only replaced the plastic piece that goes around the bottom of the seat. The issue is the thick metal piece that protrudes out from the seat just above the seat controllers. They need to replace or redesign that so it is not hitting the plastic. Now that it is breaking again (4th time), I'm going to speak with the manager to try and solve this once and for all.

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Each time (3) they have only replaced the plastic piece that goes around the bottom of the seat. The issue is the thick metal piece that protrudes out from the seat just above the seat controllers. They need to replace or redesign that so it is not hitting the plastic. Now that it is breaking again (4th time), I'm going to speak with the manager to try and solve this once and for all.

It's the same issue as what the others have seen. I don't believe that they have had it reoccur though. Perhaps there's a better fix than just replacing the plastic part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Truly disappointed in 2015 TLX. Plastic piece on driver side countinues to break. Called dealer and they said they will not fix it under warranty! That it is not a flaw and that they will only fix it once at no charge as a good faith repair. Ocala Jenkins Acura

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Truly disappointed in 2015 TLX. Plastic piece on driver side countinues to break. Called dealer and they said they will not fix it under warranty! That it is not a flaw and that they will only fix it once at no charge as a good faith repair. Ocala Jenkins Acura
Maybe try another dealer. You can see from this thread that others are getting it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This issue has happened to me twice since I have had my 2015 TLX. It occurs every 9 months. So far, the fix has been covered under warranty, but this is a design flaw. The metal piece pushing up on the plastic needs to be covered somehow to keep it from pushing through the plastic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem on my wife's 2015 TLX. She weights 130lbs (estimated) and does 90% of the driving in this car. I drive it the other 10% but am not clinically obese at 200 pounds/6'2".
Shoddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told today that Acura is looking for a permanent fix/redesign for this issue. I took mine in for the 4th time to get the plastic piece fixed and also because the airbag sensor was coming on. I told them I am tired of bringing this in and don't want them to just "patch it". I was told it could take up to a year to get a new seat or however they decide to fix it. Also, was told it would be covered even when the warranty runs out. But it keeps happening every 4-5 months like it has, I won't have the Acura for very much longer. PITA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem, no real fix

I have had the same problem with my 2015 Acura TLX. Took to dealer on oil change. Part replaced under warranty. Service manager at dealer said it's happened to others before and will keep happening because no real fix. As you mentioned, inherent design flaw as metal part always putting pressure on plastic causing it to break. Was told to try not to put pressure on plastic, and I have, but to no avail. Will take to dealer for hopefully second fix.

Called Acura customer service this morning. No known repair or problem (told by agent), but agent said he would note problem on my account and alert me to possible repair. It's a chronic problem. I think more of us should call and complain.

Pictures posted by others on this site are IDENTICAL to what my seat now looks like. And this car is barely two years old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was the only one.

I thought I was the only one this happened too. I have broken two of these on my vehicle. Extremely annoying. If I weighted 300 LBS I could understand but I am 176 LBS.:(:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
An odd thing happened the other day.

I got into the car and noticed that a piece of plastic fell off the base of the drivers's seat. Previously there was a white circle that appeared before the break. Apparently an inside piece of the chair was pushing against the plastic and it finally broke.

Wonder if warranty will cover it or if they will say I am too fat?:eek:

I will find out on my next oil change.
Yes, it's from being overweight. The white part was the anchor trying to come through. :|

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue. Took it to Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD and they said they won't cover it under warranty. They said they have to remove the seat to replace the trim piece. OK?!?! So do it! It's a design flaw on Acura's part. They need to replace the seat or figure out how to re-engineer the design flaw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
An odd thing happened the other day.

I got into the car and noticed that a piece of plastic fell off the base of the drivers's seat. Previously there was a white circle that appeared before the break. Apparently an inside piece of the chair was pushing against the plastic and it finally broke.

Wonder if warranty will cover it or if they will say I am too fat?:eek:

I will find out on my next oil change.
Holy smokes! The exact same thing happened to me in the exact same spot. The cutout even looks the same.

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
Holy smokes! The exact same thing happened to me in the exact same spot. The cutout even looks the same.
How old is your car? Still under warranty? If you bring it to the dealer let us know what they say. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts