Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive the car as my everyday driver so I have the Driver 1 key. When my husband drives the car on weekends when we go out, he will use his Driver 2 key. I've noticed that after he drives it with his key, when I get in to drive it next using my key, it's still set on his settings. It's not until later in the day (after getting out, going someplace, then getting back in) will my Driver 1 setting come up. Anybody have this issue as well?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't had that problem because my wife refuses to drive the TLX. She is still at war with it because it told her to fasten her seatbelt when she was preparing to exit the vehicle one day.>:D. She drives a 2008 TL and she is not thrilled with all of the bells and whistles on my TLX.

Our salesman set the key up for her but she has not used it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that big of a deal, besides his dumb radio stations he has preset, and I have to hit 1 for my seat setting. Just a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Go check vehicle settings. Usually car settings will follow whoever is on the driver seat and what key is used.
There are plenty features on the TLX and I'm still learning them.
At the moment, i'm exploring the phone text message appearing on the display and reading them for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I can tell, it has to do with locking the doors. When the next drive unlocks them it will recognize the specific key and adjust the settings.

Try it with your husband at home and see if that is the case...perhaps even try just pressing the "unlock" button after he's driven it and you are approaching the vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I can tell, it has to do with locking the doors. When the next drive unlocks them it will recognize the specific key and adjust the settings.

Try it with your husband at home and see if that is the case...perhaps even try just pressing the "unlock" button after he's driven it and you are approaching the vehicle
Cool, I'll try this. Makes sense since I dont lock the doors when it's in the garage...but when I walk away to the store they are locked and it recognizes my Driver 1 key.

·
Registered
666 Posts
She is still at war with it because it told her to fasten her seatbelt when she was preparing to exit the vehicle one day.>:D. She drives a 2008 TL and she is not thrilled with all of the bells and whistles on my TLX.
Did a little deeper. She is not thrilled because it is your car with all those features and she is still driving an '08. Bet she would like it if it was hers. But best to avoid that conversation with her.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just bought remote starter kit and had two new remote starter fob programed this morning.
Now I have two remote starter key fob 1 and 2 and two ordinary remote key fob 1 and 2 and all four key fobs are working.:laugh:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just bought remote starter kit and had two new remote starter fob programed this morning.
Now I have two remote starter key fob 1 and 2 and two ordinary remote key fob 1 and 2 and all four key fobs are working.:laugh:
I love the remote start feature.

Now, if I can only remember that I have it.. It was 87 degrees in Austin today, and it would have been nice to start the car a few minutes before I got in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did a little deeper. She is not thrilled because it is your car with all those features and she is still driving an '08. Bet she would like it if it was hers. But best to avoid that conversation with her.
No! She has made it perfectly clear to both my salesman and me that she loves her 08 TL and is not interested in a new car. When I made a suggestion before the lease that we might look at purchase after the lease ended to replace her car she gave me an evil stare :eek: Beside's Her car is paid for. :)

As to Primo's problem the door locks make sense. Whoever unlocks the car last controls it. :laugh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
The good thing is when you start remotely, a/c will turn automatically and will conditioned the cabin. Will blow cold if outside temperature is hot and heater if cold outside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.