Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 times out of 10, when I reach for the door handle and just slightly grab it, the doors unlock with no problem. But's there's that one time that no matter what I do I end up having to pull the remote from my pocket to open the doors.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
45 Posts
9 times out of 10, when I reach for the door handle and just slightly grab it, the doors unlock with no problem. But's there's that one time that no matter what I do I end up having to pull the remote from my pocket to open the doors.

I’m having this issue. Go watch my video that I posted on YouTube.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
213 Posts

Happened to me twice today.......but on one of them, it unlocked when I grabbed the rear door handle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Happens frequently if I have my key FOB in the same pocket as my mobile phone, just switch pockets and should be fine.

See page 120 of the manual for details.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

And to extend your fey FOBs battery life try to store it at home further from the car, otherwise it could ping it frequently since it's in range, so you don't get the advertised 2 years. I've even heard some folks going as far as building a small Faraday cage to house their FOBs.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
213 Posts
Makes sense if the cellphone signal could really mess with the fob signal.
It is 100% accurate. I'd been having the same problem. Switch pockets to make sure that they aren't together, zero problems since. It didn't happen every time before, but too often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts