Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install them? I just ordered them and was wondering if anyone had a write up for it? The instructions don’t really say how the old sills pop out. I bought the door sill illumination kit that’s for all 4 doors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I found that the other day. Was just wondering if anyone here has done it and had a write up with pics.

·
Registered
2016 TLX
9 Posts
No pics but I will say it was super easy. Just have to pull up your old sills and kick panels then route the wire to a plug sitting there just waiting to be connected, No splicing or cutting! Only thing I learned is to make sure all your clips are lined up before pushing down the new ones. I used the instructions from Acura website to help figure out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone install them? I just ordered them and was wondering if anyone had a write up for it? The instructions don’t really say how the old sills pop out. I bought the door sill illumination kit that’s for all 4 doors.
If you don’t mind me asking, where’d you order the kit from and how did the install come out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics but I will say it was super easy. Just have to pull up your old sills and kick panels then route the wire to a plug sitting there just waiting to be connected, No splicing or cutting! Only thing I learned is to make sure all your clips are lined up before pushing down the new ones. I used the instructions from Acura website to help figure out.
Good to know. Did you lose any clips in the dash or the sides? I’m going to try the install soon but I’m worried about creating rattling from lost clips. I also have the rear sills so I have to pop off the side columns as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed them today. They were really really easy to install. The clips popped out easy and it all went back together easy. The only thing I’d add to the instructions is the rear seat cushion release. Turns out if you push down on the seat cushion, then reach under it and squeeze the release it opens real easily. I wouldn’t pay someone to do this install. Glad I didn’t, I almost did.

This is the part I installed: Genuine OEM Acura TLX Illuminated Door Sill Trim 08E12-TZ3-210B. It had all 4 door sills with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts