Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my Accord, I used this very often with no problems. Transfer all my Itunes onto USB drives. In my new TLX, half the time the system stops recognizing the USB drive, and it doesnt load up. Is anyone using USB audio without issue? If so, what size drive, and manufacturer? Ive tried 3 different sandisk drives, same problem. Intermittantly, the drive isnt recognized, and at that time, none of the drives I plug in show a lit light on them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, today I tried using an old Ipod , and on the 3rd attempt, same ole thing. It says nothing is plugged in, when there is. Ugh. Anyone want to buy a 21 Advance TLX? All these minor issues are aggravating me to no end. Expected better from a "luxury" brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, today I tried using an old Ipod , and on the 3rd attempt, same ole thing. It says nothing is plugged in, when there is. Ugh. Anyone want to buy a 21 Advance TLX? All these minor issues are aggravating me to no end. Expected better from a "luxury" brand.
I have had issues with both my usb and android auto saying nothing is plugged in. I agree and there needs to be a fix. It will usually work when you turn off the car open the door and start it back up. No reason for that, along with only one usb for the stereo.

·
Super Moderator
836 Posts
I use a 128 Gig (Yellow) jump drive from MicroCenter. The brand jump drive is MicroCenter. I switch from Sirius radio to the jump drive, back and forth. Currently the price today for USB version 3.1 is $11.99. Not too bad. I love their jump drives as they have a life time warranty on them and if anything ever goes wrong, just bring it in and they will give you another one. I format the jump drive to FAT32.

·
Registered
2015 TLX Advance V6
49 Posts
When I had my Accord, I used this very often with no problems. Transfer all my Itunes onto USB drives. In my new TLX, half the time the system stops recognizing the USB drive, and it doesnt load up. Is anyone using USB audio without issue? If so, what size drive, and manufacturer? Ive tried 3 different sandisk drives, same problem. Intermittantly, the drive isnt recognized, and at that time, none of the drives I plug in show a lit light on them.
I have a 2015 TLX Advance and use the San Disk Sport with 16 GB with no problems.

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Tech pkg
28 Posts
I've started having issues with my '18 TLX saying "Unsupported" when its cold in the mornings. Once car cabin starts to warm up some it goes to working. Not sure if my usb stick is the issue or the system in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts