Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a new member of the TLX Forums.

I am very interested in buying I4 TLX Tech, but this is my first time to buy a new one. So I carefully read threads here and then I started with researching the price information shared by you all members in this forum. However, I was not able to find price for I4 TLX tech updated in this year, especially in Feb. and Mar.

Alternatively I checked some automotive pricing and information websites, such as Truecar.com, KBB.com, Edmunds.com. Based on the data from truecar.com, the truecar target price in Chicago is much higher than my expectation which was calculated with the prices and trends provided in this forum. Even though generally I think Chicago is one of biggest auto markers and Chicago Acura dealerships have enough volumes for I4 TLX Tech with my favorite colors, the price they suggested exceeds the price in Indianapolis. It might look like they control the price on those websites.

Thus I decided to postpone the purchase day in June because I do not need it during this semester's going (I'm a phd student.) However, I would like to start to get real price information from dealers in April. Is this right time to do that? or When is the best starting point to do that?

Also I would like to listen to your though about whether exterior colors does matter or nor for the price. I saw some comments about colors in some threads. I want to get a Bellanova White Pearl or Slate Silver Metallic exterior. Bellanova White Pearl seems much popular than Slate Silver Metallic, and dealerships also have more Bellanova White Pearls in their inventories. So I am wondering whether these two colors affect on the price or not, and whether I need to take one color during deals.

At last, could I ask you all any advice to help me buy my first new TLX?

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't pay much attention to those websites really. They may give you a general idea but it's still not the same as going to the dealer. Your best bet is to do a bit of homework as far as what rebates apply to your specific area and situation. You can find this from the Acura website itself. I also find a better deal can be had around end month.

As far as colours go, dealers may knock a bit off the price if they have a certain colour in stock vice having to order one. If you look on the Acura website you'll see that one colour doesn't cost more than another at the manufacturers level.

I would suggest going to a couple different dealers. You'll get a real world idea of the price of the vehicle and you can work from there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I sold Honda 2002 - 2004 and the best time to buy a car is the last couple days of the month when the dealership is trying to hit their number for the month. If you are willing to wait, August is usually a real good month to buy. Honda used to give incentives to the dealers that typically would get passed along to the customer to clear out the previous year cars before the new model year got released in the Fall. Color should not impact price since Acura as far as i can tell doesn't up-charge for one color over another. That said, most of the time you can get a better deal on a car that is available on the dealer's lot than one that is on the allocation sheet (hasn't arrived yet) or one they have to swap for.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I sold Honda from '84 - '86. The dealer's commercial bank will "floor" a shipment of cars to the dealer for a nominal fee for 90 days. On day 91 the bank charges interest and that cost is added to the vehicle's inventory card which makes it more expensive for the dealer to own and, potentially, makes the dealer less competitive.
Convey to your salesperson that you will conduct business only at the lowest price and if the sales manager would let him know which vehicles are nearing 90 days, that you would be happy to look at them.
Dealers don't want 90 day-old new cars on their lot and may be paying incentives to their sales staff in order to move those cars.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello. I am a new member of the TLX Forums.

I am very interested in buying I4 TLX Tech, but this is my first time to buy a new one. So I carefully read threads here and then I started with researching the price information shared by you all members in this forum. However, I was not able to find price for I4 TLX tech updated in this year, especially in Feb. and Mar.

Alternatively I checked some automotive pricing and information websites, such as Truecar.com, KBB.com, Edmunds.com. Based on the data from truecar.com, the truecar target price in Chicago is much higher than my expectation which was calculated with the prices and trends provided in this forum. Even though generally I think Chicago is one of biggest auto markers and Chicago Acura dealerships have enough volumes for I4 TLX Tech with my favorite colors, the price they suggested exceeds the price in Indianapolis. It might look like they control the price on those websites.

Thus I decided to postpone the purchase day in June because I do not need it during this semester's going (I'm a phd student.) However, I would like to start to get real price information from dealers in April. Is this right time to do that? or When is the best starting point to do that?

Also I would like to listen to your though about whether exterior colors does matter or nor for the price. I saw some comments about colors in some threads. I want to get a Bellanova White Pearl or Slate Silver Metallic exterior. Bellanova White Pearl seems much popular than Slate Silver Metallic, and dealerships also have more Bellanova White Pearls in their inventories. So I am wondering whether these two colors affect on the price or not, and whether I need to take one color during deals.

At last, could I ask you all any advice to help me buy my first new TLX?

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see your first post.

Have fun shopping and learning about the TLX.

I am glad to see a couple of members have provided some helpful information. Feel free to ask any questions you like. Hopefully you will find our threads helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After you have secured your financing..etc, most dealers have e-prices or allow you to make an offer. Be upfront with what you will pay and let them know you are looking at other Acura dealers. I drove a 100 miles and past a few Acura dealerships but I got what I wanted at the price I wanted!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Color should have absolutely ZERO bearing on price for this car.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first couple of posts.

What are you driving? Tell us more about yourself and your TLX experiences or dreams. :)

When I went to trade in my TSX, the car was marked down $150 because it was red. I ended up trading it in at Acura.

Also, availability delayed delivery of my new red TLX. Seems they initially roll off Black, White and Silver.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first couple of posts.

What are you driving? Tell us more about yourself and your TLX experiences or dreams. :)

When I went to trade in my TSX, the car was marked down $150 because it was red. I ended up trading it in at Acura.

Also, availability delayed delivery of my new red TLX. Seems they initially roll off Black, White and Silver.
Agree, the color will affect the resale value slightly, but doubtful that it will impact the sale price new. Just something to think about though if you tend to drive cars for a long time, that resale value variation due to color is probably negligible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts