Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea how to remove the glovebox on the tlx to be able to disconnect the ANC module? I am trying to get more bass out of this system. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pull down the plastic cover above the passenger's side footwell. The ANC module will be a silver box that is screwed under the dash on the very right side. I did this out of curiosity during my lunch break and was done in 10 min (because I couldn't find the release tab for the wire harness).

·
Registered
525 Posts
Pull down the plastic cover above the passenger's side footwell. The ANC module will be a silver box that is screwed under the dash on the very right side. I did this out of curiosity during my lunch break and was done in 10 min (because I couldn't find the release tab for the wire harness).
What was it like when active noise cancellation was turned off?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Probably no sound at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You get more of the lower frequency, bass gets slightly eliminated by the ANC

·
Registered
19 Posts
It will. Just disconnected mine yesterday and no more crazy bass vibration in my car aftermarket stereo.
Awesome! I need to do this as I get some weird sounds from my 12? sub but only at low sound levels, like when I?m trying to talk to somebody.

Still no issues after disconnecting your ANC?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No issues after disconecting ANC

Awesome! I need to do this as I get some weird sounds from my 12? sub but only at low sound levels, like when I?m trying to talk to somebody.

Still no issues after disconnecting your ANC?
I ended up putting aftermarket stereo in my glovebox so ANC no longer relevant however, at first disconnect I no longer had issues with the ANC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ended up putting aftermarket stereo in my glovebox so ANC no longer relevant however, at first disconnect I no longer had issues with the ANC.

Apparently my sub was connected to the ANC somewhere down the line. It quit working when I unplugged the ANC so I had to hook it back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do I remove the passenger side footwell panel? If I simply pull on it, is there a chance that it might break?
Appreciate any help here. ANC in my 2020 TLX is actually causing me ear pain and want to disconnect it asap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Personally I think the ELS system sounds more alive. I don't hear anymore outside noise than when ANC was active.
But on highway speeds the music is live and loud but when you slow down to a red light or traffic I hate it when the volume lowers itself... I want to eliminate that function. How would I go about doing that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts