Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our new 2015 Pearl Red TLX. It has the basic package with parchment interior. So glad I didn't opt for the tech package. Love the leatherette seats. You can't tell them from leather (and they won't crack like leather). Love the car. So quiet and smooth. Had a 2005 TL and you felt every bump and imperfection in the road. This TLX is just so refined and solid. Have my phone set up and XM radio presets all selected. Just need to program Homelink now. Really impressed with the fit and finish and quality of the car. Great job, Acura.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just picked up our new 2015 Pearl Red TLX. It has the basic package with parchment interior. So glad I didn't opt for the tech package. Love the leatherette seats. You can't tell them from leather (and they won't crack like leather).
That's the one I want! Can you post a picture or two, especially the interior?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try to post some pics for you. I have to say the ride of the car is much differenet than my previous 2005 TL. The I4 engine is fine, but it doesn't have the power of my V6 TL (not that I'm complaining). Power of the I4 is fine and it's super smooth. If you don't tell anyone the basic interior is leatherette, they'd never know it's vinyl. The material is soft and smooth like fine leather. I find most of the interior materials soft, smooth and rich feeling. So far this car is making me very happy.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Did you ever like the TL that came after the one you originally had? if you did , how do you like it overall compared to your new TLX?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll try to post some pics for you. I have to say the ride of the car is much differenet than my previous 2005 TL. The I4 engine is fine, but it doesn't have the power of my V6 TL (not that I'm complaining). Power of the I4 is fine and it's super smooth. If you don't tell anyone the basic interior is leatherette, they'd never know it's vinyl. The material is soft and smooth like fine leather. I find most of the interior materials soft, smooth and rich feeling. So far this car is making me very happy.
They will know in a couple of years. I don't know who told you plastic doesn't crack, but there is a reason it's used in low end cars, including Acura now. TSX had real leather and lower price, which made it a better value.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well welcome right aboard! PICS definitely I'm with the others. I find it strange that in the US the BAsque Pearl is locked to parchment interior but in Canada its locked to Ebony. WHY THE MICRO MANAGEMENT JEEZ!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you don't tell anyone the basic interior is leatherette, they'd never know it's vinyl. The material is soft and smooth like fine leather. I find most of the interior materials soft, smooth and rich feeling.
Is it perforated? Wondering how it "breathes" if it isn't.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They will know in a couple of years. I don't know who told you plastic doesn't crack, but there is a reason it's used in low end cars, including Acura now. TSX had real leather and lower price, which made it a better value.

I realize vinyl can also crack but it seems to last far longer than leather. Just speaking from my experience. Most cars today have leather seating surfaces with vinyl covering the sides and back of the seats. I have yet to see any car with this leather/vinyl seating configuration have the vinyl crack before the leather.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it perforated? Wondering how it "breathes" if it isn't.

So far I don't have an issue with the vinyl seating. It isn't perforated but seems comfortable (that's why they make AC). The perforations in the leather seats are so small I really don't know if they help ventilate the driver much any way. I'll say it again - this is some of the better vinyl material I've seen on seating. It's softer and feels better than some of the low grade leather I've seen on other cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most cars today have leather seating surfaces with vinyl covering the sides and back of the seats. I have yet to see any car with this leather/vinyl seating configuration have the vinyl crack before the leather.
Both my wife's 2004 Highlander (only 82,000 miles) and my friend's 5 year old (100K+ miles) 4-Runner have cracks in the (what I assume is) vinyl on the door side of the driver's seat and neither has any cracks in the leather seating surface. Not saying this relates in any way to the TLX or Acura brand, just giving you a couple data points. ;)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Anxious to get mine

Just picked up our new 2015 Pearl Red TLX.
Good to hear. I ordered the same but with the Tech Package. Salesman said I would see it when I returned from vacation. Today he told me it was delayed till some time around September 7th to 11th. I am looking forward to seeing it and driving it.

Does it look like this picture?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. That looks just like my car. The red color looks more red in sunlight and darker in dim light. I have to say the quality of the finish and material is first rate. Paint is super smooth and flawless. Inside is the same perfect fit and finish. I even like the stock wheels.
I have the car now about a week and just tried the different IDE modes. I have been using the Normal mode and it is fine. However, I switched to Sport mode and the performance is much more snappy and quick. I was honestly surprised by the difference and it is significant. I haven't tried the Sport+ mode yet but it must be even more lively.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Great News!

Yes. That looks just like my car. The red color looks more red in sunlight and darker in dim light. I have to say the quality of the finish and material is first rate. Paint is super smooth and flawless. Inside is the same perfect fit and finish. I even like the stock wheels.
I have the car now about a week and just tried the different IDE modes. I have been using the Normal mode and it is fine. However, I switched to Sport mode and the performance is much more snappy and quick. I was honestly surprised by the difference and it is significant. I haven't tried the Sport+ mode yet but it must be even more lively.
Wow! That is great news to hear. Thanks! I was wondering about the stock wheels as I am uncertain as to what they look like. I am looking forward to driving my own TLX next month.

I forgot, but do you need to use the paddles in Sport or Sport+ modes? I am just a "slap it in D" kind of guy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.