Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sealed the deal and will be taking full ownership of my 2015 TLX 3.5 V-6 9-AT P-AWS Graphite Luster Metallic/Ebony with Advance Package.

When you got your TLX, what did the dealer review with you?

What went well?

What did they miss?

What could have made the process smoother?

Just preparing for delivery.

Friday's forecast: high 88, 0% precipitation :D. Saturday: 60% rain :crying:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you pick one from the lot or custom ordered it? After you agree on the price, there is nothing much drama while taking delivery. Finance may try to sell you extended warranty, it is up to you.
In my case,
1. Agree on price
2. Complete paper work for finance
3. Vehicle intro by delivery associate(my delivery person was pretty knowledgeable and went over most TLX features)
4. Drive off in Sport/Sport+ mode :)

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
The delivery of the car went extremely well. The salesperson went over quite a few of the features of the car. I think I'd still be there if he covered every aspect of the owners manual bet he did cover some of the things particular to the TLX that maybe an older car may not have or is different (i.e no spare tire, the unlock and lock of the doors with the fob in your pocket, the unlock button for the trunk, the different driving modes,) to name a few. He also went through the different customization of certain settings such as the distance for the brake warning, and driver specific settings for the fob. He set up the Acuralink app on my phone and talked about their service dept. I was extremely happy with him.

The only thing he missed was the iPhone text integration. He said the iPhone wasn't compatible with this feature of the car. Coming from a '13 Honda I figured it was just the Show Notification setting in Bluetooth. I set it up when I got home and sent him an email with the instructions.

I really can't think of anything to make the process smoother. I was very happy with the delivery.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Like others have said, the delivery was easy and maybe the part with the most fun and suspense. It's finally yours.

My salesman went over most of the basics. I was surprised I did not know everything even after reading the forums. :)

I did get a couple chances to educate my salesman, but he did a pretty good job of introducing me to my new TLX. This was especially helpful when setting up AcuraLink.

Don't expect to learn all of the tech tricks in one session. Months later I still find something to surprise me. I definitely had many minutes/hours sitting in idle with the AC on while I pushed the buttons. :)

Enjoy and congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing he missed was the iPhone text integration. He said the iPhone wasn't compatible with this feature of the car. Coming from a '13 Honda I figured it was just the Show Notification setting in Bluetooth. I set it up when I got home and sent him an email with the instructions.

I really can't think of anything to make the process smoother. I was very happy with the delivery.
I thought that that feature did not work with iPhones. The Handsfreelink site is pretty poor with that respect and iPhones. Please send/post your instructions in this forum for others to understand.

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AcuraLink account setup

...This was especially helpful when setting up AcuraLink...
Should I set up an AcuraLink account prior to pickup? Or is it not possible without the VIN (which I do know) and PIN (which I do not know).

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Should I set up an AcuraLink account prior to pickup? Or is it not possible without the VIN (which I do know) and PIN (which I do not know).
I would have the salesman walk you through it while you both are in the car for the demo of the car. The AcuraLink connects over its own network. I believe the operator can see your car information and enable it on his/her side.

There is no hurry.

You can determine which plan of AcuraLink you want ahead of time, but I would wait till you sit in the car to get the demo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I leased my first TSX in 2010 my salesman set me up with an Acura account from which I could make payments, check service and several other things. He used my name and helped establish a password. This same account has stayed with me through a second TSX and now my TLX. It has also become the log on for Acuralink. If you have this login then you will need to register your car with Acuralink using VIN and establish your PIN which is used in sending remote commands to your TLX. This us only necessary if you are using the second or third tier of Acuralink. The first tier is free for three years and provides traffic information to your nav system as well as some streaming services that I never use. The second and third tiers are subscription services and provide a little more interaction such as route planning on a computer and then sending the information to the car.

As far as the delivery checklist is concerned, my salesman went through step by step adjusting seats, mirrors and some other items with my wife and me. He also paired each of our cell phones. He demonstrated the latest locking mechanisms, including proving you can't lock the key fob in the trunk. He also explained the adaptive cruise control to us. There is a lot to learn about the TLX and once you leave the showroom you will probably draw a blank on almost everything that was said. Spending some time in your own driveway with the car on will help a great deal in understanding the beast. About two months after I took delivery on my TLX my service manager invited me back for a workshop where she had representatives from the service department, the sales department and the financial manager to answer questions. She also emphasized that when we brought our car in for service that was a time to also bring our questions in and talk to any sales rep for answers.

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the advice. @Wade, I'll be getting a clone of your car. I can't wait to change my signature from Future to Current Owner!!
Friday 3pm!!!
2 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes, 55 seconds, mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am sure you will enjoy your new car. I enjoy mine very much.:laugh:

A couple of things about your car and this forum. First, you will find a lot of posts on here concerning problems (mainly transmission) and that is because more people are attracted to these forums to post about problems and to seek solutions. Some, like me, join the forum because I was anticipating getting a TLX and wanted to get as much information as I could. All car makes have problems and certainly the TLX is no exception but I think for the majority of TLX drivers it is a lot of fun. Second, stay active on this forum because someone else will always come up with a question that you may not have thought of and another post may have an answer to the question. There is a lot to learn about this car and I am willing to bet that when my lease runs out in three years I will still have a lot to learn about it.>:D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I thought that that feature did not work with iPhones. The Handsfreelink site is pretty poor with that respect and iPhones. Please send/post your instructions in this forum for others to understand.
Hi Gary. I believe the iPhone integration has been posted in other threads.

With an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS and paired via Bluetooth the car will receive incoming texts. It cannot use the preset replies. You will get a send failure message.

The only thing a lot of people seem to miss is going into the Bluetooth entry for the car on the iPhone (Settings, Bluetooth, Handsfree Link) and making sure the Show Notification option is turned on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gary,

I am one of those that came to this forum looking for solutions and advice with the 9 speed transmission. This forum helped me understand some of the causes, and overall has helped me a great deal with many aspects of my TLX. There are still evenings when I sit in my car, in the driveway, messing with different settings and exploring more options. This is an amazing car.

A transmission fix for those with an issue will come. After that happens, this car will be **** near perfect. :laugh:

Wes

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Did you pick one from the lot or custom ordered it? After you agree on the price, there is nothing much drama while taking delivery. Finance may try to sell you extended warranty, it is up to you.
In my case,
1. Agree on price
2. Complete paper work for finance
3. Vehicle intro by delivery associate(my delivery person was pretty knowledgeable and went over most TLX features)
4. Drive off in Sport/Sport+ mode :)
Off the lot, see signature for details
1. Honda/Acura Employee pricing (9.3% under MSRP, ~$4000 off)
2. Done
3. This is what I'm most anxious about
4. Great idea :)

Friday, May 29, 2015 at 3PM!! TLX-day!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I set up the Acura Link once I got the car. I just pushed the overhead button and the rest was easy with a credit card in hand. The app is a little on the slow side. Takes 1-2 mins to load my data. It is a neat feature, especially finding your car in a large park lot. locking your car if you forgot. However, I am having a hard time getting yesterday. I tried the phone app and the PC and received data that was 2 weeks old. It wouldn't connect. Haven't tried today. I do like the part where you can search on a map for a place and download it to the Navi. The info will be there on the Navi when you start the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
9.3% off MSRP is great! I only got 5% last November. I usually order my cars but they had one on the lot with 5 miles on it. I had the rear spoiler, splash guards, cargo hooks, trunk tray and illuminated door sills installed. Only took them several days to install all. Am very happy with the TLX V6 FWD Advance and learning new things everyday. Have 6000 miles on it now and love the gas mileage on long trips. I go to FL from MD (1100 miles) 3 times a year!

·
Registered
317 Posts
9.3% off MSRP is great! I only got 5% last November. I usually order my cars but they had one on the lot with 5 miles on it. I had the rear spoiler, splash guards, cargo hooks, trunk tray and illuminated door sills installed. Only took them several days to install all. Am very happy with the TLX V6 FWD Advance and learning new things everyday. Have 6000 miles on it now and love the gas mileage on long trips. I go to FL from MD (1100 miles) 3 times a year!
Not bad at all, at least you seem to have gotten a TLX that only had so few miles on rather than a questionable amount which leaves me wondering why some folks even go for them.

What car are you coming from?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts