Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up early for the Advantage Program to get my first two car payments made and to receive $500 in accessories of my choice. Installation was not included.

I knew installation wasn't included but the installation prices are something to consider during your accessorizing.

I previously heard that the add on of Fog lights comes out to over $1,000 with installation. (Fog Lights MSRP $675).

I found out tonight that the spare tire that costs MSRP $369, cost about that much to install it.

The Cargo Hooks that are MSRP $12 cost an additional $123 to install in the trunk.

Luckily, my dealer offered some adjustments. I also got the Trunk Carpet Mat, but forgot how much installation was to place a carpet in the trunk.:|

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that the prices are crazy. See if you can work out a deal with your salesman.

I was tempted to ask for just the parts and I would install them. I thought that the cars are already accessory ready? Decided to skip out on the Fog lights after learning on here that the price after installation would be over $1,000.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
In another forum I belong to there is a Honda dealer that is a supporting vendor. They include all of the installation instructions (and often videos) on their web site so you know what you're getting into before you buy Honda accessories from them.

I installed the cargo hooks in my current car and it wasn't difficult. Not $120 difficult at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree that the prices are crazy. See if you can work out a deal with your salesman.

I was tempted to ask for just the parts and I would install them. I thought that the cars are already accessory ready? Decided to skip out on the Fog lights after learning on here that the price after installation would be over $1,000.
Fog lights, as part of accessories was a big surprise to me (thought it should be offered at least with the V6 Tech package). Was told by dealer that it is also a time consuming installation because the front end needs to be taken out and reassembled.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've never been a DIY type person, but sometimes I see what other people have done and think that I might be able to pull it off. A DIY section would be great.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
As the community grows I'm sure there will be some who are a bit more hands on. The genuine Acura accessories shouldn't be too hard to do especially if they come with instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Although I really like my new TLX, it came with leather seats not properly installed. I refused to have my accessories (Splash guards and rear deck spoiler) installed until the seating issue was resolved. (I had negotiated a free installation of the accessories as part of the purchase package.) The Service Manager at Criswell Acura figured out how to have the seats fixed locally and they smoothed them out to my satisfaction and gave me a loaner TLX until the job was finished. I then had the accessories installed yesterday and added the photo of the accessories to my garage.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Although I really like my new TLX, it came with leather seats not properly installed.

I then had the accessories installed yesterday and added the photo of the accessories to my garage.
Curious, how did they install the seats incorrectly?

Nice accessories.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The seat covers were not installed correctly. The leather covers were not fitted properly. Three of the four seats had not been stretched adequately and had folds when no one was using them. They just looked sloppy and well aged from use. They never should have passed inspection from Acura's supplier.
Criswell Acura hired Bay County Custom Upholstery to stretch the leather covers so most of the folds were removed. It now looks like a new car interior.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The seat covers were not installed correctly. The leather covers were not fitted properly. Three of the four seats had not been stretched adequately and had folds when no one was using them. They just looked sloppy and well aged from use. They never should have passed inspection from Acura's supplier.
Criswell Acura hired Bay County Custom Upholstery to stretch the leather covers so most of the folds were removed. It now looks like a new car interior.
Wow! That is odd. Glad you got it straightened out. Congrats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I signed up early for the Advantage Program to get my first two car payments made and to receive $500 in accessories of my choice. Installation was not included.

I knew installation wasn't included but the installation prices are something to consider during your accessorizing.

I previously heard that the add on of Fog lights comes out to over $1,000 with installation. (Fog Lights MSRP $675).

I found out tonight that the spare tire that costs MSRP $369, cost about that much to install it.

The Cargo Hooks that are MSRP $12 cost an additional $123 to install in the trunk.

Luckily, my dealer offered some adjustments. I also got the Trunk Carpet Mat, but forgot how much installation was to place a carpet in the trunk.:|
I agree that the suggested installation cost was higher than anticipated. I bought my last 2 cars from Costco participating dealers. The labor for my 2 cargo hooks was $78 involves some drilling and removing the trunk liner. The labor for the spare tire was $26 to remove the existing plastic storage tray bin, install the spare, replace with a different cover tray. The labor to install 4 splash guards was $48 and to install the rear spoiler $150. It was done in several hours so I didn't mind the cost.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered all of my accessories online. They were 28% cheaper than at the dealer (although my order had 2 wrong items which needed replacements)
I installed myself the following:
- all 4 splash guards
- rubber mats & rubber cargo mat (no brainier)
- cargo hooks (it was a bit awkward because Acura made these after the fact accessory & had these special rivet pieces to satisfy how to instal them which is actually quite moronic. My mechanic actually told me not to put the rivets in because they will lose their grip & you won't be able to take the cargo hooks off (in case you need to access the roof of the trunk & remove the liner where the cargo hooks prevent that) & that'll be a headache then. I bought butterfly type screws at Home Depot & used small pliers to hold it in place with 1 hand so I could fasten the bottom nut with the other hand. It was a bit of a challenge, but I got it done satisfactorily).

I had a ClearBra put on the front of the car by my detailing place (they also cut out a piece for the rear bumper) This material doesn't yellow like 3M does & is warranties for 5 years.

I had my body shop instal my rear deck spoiler/lip & the side door moldings (only for $180 - the dealer would charge me an arm & a leg)

I still haven't received my spare tire kit (on back order) 7 weeks after purchasing the car.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got my parts from the dealer because I got them for free with the advantage program. Otherwise I probably didn't need the trunk mat or cargo hooks. I really did want the spare tire kit. It took a week to get the spare tire kit installed but that was long ago when I received the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts