Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a great deal on a CRV Spare tire, which has the same Rim (Bolt Pattern, Offset, Center Bore, etc.) as the TLX, but the tire itself is taller. The 2013 CRV spare tire is 165/80 R17 vs. the TLX 135/80R17. In looking at tire calculators online, and the only issue I see is that the CRV spare tire would be 0.7 inches taller than the full size factory 17" tire (225/55 R17), which is a 2.6% increase. This is actually close to the full size height than the regular TLX spare (135/80 R17), which is 1.2 inches / 4.7% shorter than the factory size tire/wheel, so I actually like the idea of the taller tire, but I'm worried about clearance or other issues of course. So 2 questions:

1) Would this 0.7" present any issues with fender clearance/components?
2) Would this tire fit in the existing trunk spare tire bay area? It's about 1.8" taller than the regular spare tire.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I wonder if anybody else came up with a better solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found an Infinity T145/80D17 spare that fits nicely in my SH-AWD. Bolt patern is the same 5x114.3. Wheel is not hub centric but I tested it and it runs fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Note that Infinity wheels have a tapered (also called conical, or cone) nut seat and Honda/Acura have radiused, or “ball” style nuts. I use M12 x 1.5 conical nuts from a Mazda to install the Infinity spare on my TLX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts