Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a review of the TLX that I think is well written but it is pretty critical. I have included some quotes here and have also linked to the full review.

Right off the bat, it's the car's style that draws attention – or not. The 2015 Acura TLX may be draped in sleek and attractive bodywork, accented by its so-called Jewel Eye headlight clusters, it's still a conservatively designed sedan. And unfortunately, the silver razorblade-shaped grille was retained, which has drawn a fair amount of criticism over the years.
From an ergonomic standpoint, however, the button layout can be confusing at times. Another detail that bugged me is that in uplevel trims, the shift lever is replaced by a row of pushbuttons. Although the initiative can be saluted for the sake of design, this feature isn't the most intuitive to use.
Frankly, this brilliant technological system didn't lighten up the TLX's drive, as the car felt heavier than expected. At least until we hopped in the version equipped with the 2.4L four-cylinder engine, mixed with a torque converter and an eight-speed, dual-clutch automated transmission. As equipped, the car became agile, dynamic and fun to drive.
Its a great read in my opinion and not too long, so I think that you should check it out.

2015 Acura TLX: so close

·
Registered
430 Posts
I found it more schizophrenic than negative. He was trying to hard to cater to all angles instead of coming with one concrete angle and building from there. It felt muddled to me, but what do i know ;)

Yes, the 2015 Acura TLX has big shoes to fill. The TL is a pleasant and well thought-out car, which the TLX easily replaces and improves upon. It just forgot to pick up some the TSX's qualities and road manners.

The TLX does everything well, no doubt. It should have no trouble keeping Acura fans reeled in, as they will appreciate this new car's virtues. It's just missing something spectacular that would've helped it distinguish itself in its market segment. Really, it's that close.

·
Registered
181 Posts
very strange review......calls gas mileage "exceptional" and then gives it 3.5 stars out of 5. Several other points that seem to contradict other statements and several other reviews.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
That particular review is what brought me to this forum. I had my eye on this car for some time. When I read that review I wondered how much, if any of it was true. I would have joined the forum at some point but I ended up joining well before I plan to purchase just to see how real owners feel about the car. So far so good.

It's really the only negative review I've seen on the car up to now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Honestly, this guy writes horrible. He lost me half way through with his complicated use of the English language and contradicting statements and then the subsequent stars at the bottom.

I have a Sh-AWD TL, and I drove the V6 Tech TLX, and I can say for a certainly you FEEL the weight different. Useless review IMO..... there are way better reviews.

Reminds me of this tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_qkSsYgvrY), posting a horrible reviews with a suggestive title so he can make some money on views. Look at his comments....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Honestly, this guy writes horrible. He lost me half way through with his complicated use of the English language and contradicting statements and then the subsequent stars at the bottom.

I have a Sh-AWD TL, and I drove the V6 Tech TLX, and I can say for a certainly you FEEL the weight different. Useless review IMO..... there are way better reviews.

Reminds me of this tool (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_qkSsYgvrY), posting a horrible reviews with a suggestive title so he can make some money on views. Look at his comments....
Yes, I have seen several reviews where you have to question either their auto knowledge or their proof-reading ability. Case in point:

2015 Acura TLX Sedan vs Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Cars Comparison

The C300 is a 2L turbo but they classify it as N/A, silly.

In addition to that I am seeing other people comparing loaded versions to the base version of cars that come at a significantly price point to infer that one should look at that. I think that bodes well for the TLX that people are making this comparison. Those comparisons weren't done as frequently with the TL so if I'm Acura I'm flattered. C'mon S-type!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
They also state that TLX is a compact luxury sedan...I thought it was a mid-size....
I believe that because they are 107.6 they qualify as a compact. The cut line is 110 which the TL met so was considered mid-size.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm not a big fan of that red but I do have to admit, it does suit the TLX and has the sort of look you'd expect a luxurious sedan to have.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Only thing I can think of would be that the compact sedans might be slightly less safe so they may be more expensive to insure.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Only thing I can think of would be that the compact sedans might be slightly less safe so they may be more expensive to insure.
Speaking of insurance, I called yesterday to update my insurance to drop my 2011 TSX and add my new 2015 TLX.

Price increased by $10 a year.

Better than I expected.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts