Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

On Friday I will be taking my TLX in for a couple warranty issues. 1) The rain sensing wipers have never worked - I haven't taken it in earlier as the closest Acura dealer to me is 2 hours away. It's quite annoying in rain since there is only mist or super fast.
2) Just yesterday I noticed that my trunk will not open - fob, door button, and interior trunk release button all will not open it. Bizarre.
I emailed the service manager and they will be providing me with a loaner car as I have business in the area and will need a car. They are very accommodating.
Will keep you posted.
Any others with these issues???

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Best of luck. Definitely take your car in for any issue. Too bad the distance is what it is.

I guess the trunk latch hasn't been disabled in the glove compartment?

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I find the rain sensing wipers OK at best. Not sure if they are less sensitive to mist/smaller drops, and I am adjusting the sensitivity all the time - just like standard intermittent wipers.

Weird on the trunk though - keep us in the loop

·
Registered
666 Posts
2) Just yesterday I noticed that my trunk will not open - fob, door button, and interior trunk release button all will not open it.
Any chance that the secure lock button for the trunk release in the glove box has been turned on? Certainly a symptom of the problem.

Auto sensing wipers work fine for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree with all the previous posts concerning the trunk except that the fact that the fob won't open it is a little concerning. I had the trunk issue with my previous TSX in that the button in the passenger cab wouldn't open the trunk but the fob would. When I took it in for service and explained the situation to my service advisor he had me step around to the passenger side of the car and look in the glove compartment for a button and press that. Voila! the other button started to work.

With regard to the windshield wipers, mine work. But, like the previous post, they have to be adjusted from time to time. There are times when the slightest raindrop will set them off and other times where I will almost have to turn the wipers on. It mostly depends on where the rain falls within view of the camera that determines how they work. This is one area that R&D can probably stand to do more work on.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Today was the first time Ive driven the car in any significant rain and my auto wipers dont work at all either.

I also noticed that the LKAS, lane departure and forward collision dont seem to be working either. I had my windshield replaced about 2 weeks ago, so Im wondering if they screwed with the camera/sensors.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The trunk being stuck shut is very strange. And I also imagine quite annoying in many circumstances.

As far as the wipers. That's more understandable, and seems like the fix should be simple.

Let us know how things turn out and what the actual problems are once the mechanics have had a look.

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Today was the first time Ive driven the car in any significant rain and my auto wipers dont work at all either.

I also noticed that the LKAS, lane departure and forward collision dont seem to be working either. I had my windshield replaced about 2 weeks ago, so Im wondering if they screwed with the camera/sensors.
I was reading the Owner's Manual and tagged a few times that these features are available when the following conditions are met:
• The vehicle is traveling between 45 and 90 mph (72 and 145 km/h).
• The vehicle is on a straight or slightly curved road.
• The turn signals are off.
• The brake pedal is not depressed.
The wipers are not in continuous operation.

This is true for:
LDW (p 371)
RDM (p 376)
LKAS (p 381)

So if your wipers are in continuous operation, these systems will not function. This is understandable if you need your wipers in continuous operation, Lane markings may be difficult to detect which is the heart of all the others functions.

I was driving in the rain yesterday, with wipers in Auto, and these functions did operate as expected (I did not check RDM). The wipers never got to continuous operation!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi everyone,

On Friday I will be taking my TLX in for a couple warranty issues.

Will keep you posted.
How did your dealer visit go? Were you successful in resolving your issues?

:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if there's some delay in getting it resolved seeing how new of a vehicle it is.

Hopefully things went well for him.
True, but I am curious to see what was found out since he took the car in on Friday. :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
O/P doesnt have an update, but I do.

My auto wipers never worked well either, but it has rained much either to really need them. Last few weeks or so we did see some more rain so I had the chance to visit my dealer while it was raining. Sat outside in the rain with the Service Manager and showed them the problem.

The Tech discovered that there was a rubber/silicone gasket type part that was partially obscuring the camera. The parts was repositioned and the wipers and other systems work as they should.

·
Registered
681 Posts
So i am guessing the gasket issue happened during the windshield replacement - glad its resolved.

Any news on trunk release issues?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi everyone,

On Friday I will be taking my TLX in for a couple warranty issues. 1) The rain sensing wipers have never worked - I haven't taken it in earlier as the closest Acura dealer to me is 2 hours away. It's quite annoying in rain since there is only mist or super fast.
2) Just yesterday I noticed that my trunk will not open - fob, door button, and interior trunk release button all will not open it. Bizarre.
I emailed the service manager and they will be providing me with a loaner car as I have business in the area and will need a car. They are very accommodating.
Will keep you posted.
Any others with these issues???
If I don't hear back from the OP by 6/26/15, this message will be archived.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.