Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed how insanely hot the front brakes on my 2020 A-Spec V6 Tech SH-AWD get. It got me wondering if anyone here has opened up those fake front cooling grilles below the fog lights?

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
Do you have specific numbers? Have you been using an IR heat gun to get readings? Have you changed brake pads or rotors, or even wheels and tires from stock? Have you compared the heat readings to other vehicles? Is it just one wheel or all four wheels?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far just stock as the car is less than a month old. It was both front rotors that seemed way too hot, but again no measurements.

·
Super Moderator
720 Posts
I'm not aware of a warpage problems, brake pad failures or brake failures with your model vehicle. Perhaps the design of the brakes are made for additional heat, but sure would like to know the specific temperature for comparison purposes. I know that I would drive a customers vehicles and then walk by the front wheel and comment, wow, those brakes are radiating some heat. But, without a specific temperature, it doesn't mean too much.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d like to know what’s typical for my model (A-Spec+V6+SH-AWD+Tech package). I may be going out later today and I’ll do a rotor temperature measurement if I do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The slots in the front lower grill? mine are open already, beside my fog lights. I was thinking it was to blow air onto the brakes or to break up the front end air flow to increase fuel economy. Advanced Model. Just bought it last week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brakes would benefit with more cooling air, as would the wheel bearings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts