Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you've had this failure, comment w/ your model year, trim level, SH-AWD or front wheel drive, mileage on the engine and oil at the time of the failure. Include the affected cylinder, if you know which one it was. If this has occurred more than once in the same vehicle, include how many times it has occurred. Feel free to share any additional pertinent information.

· Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,139 Posts
Not here in my TLX (see signature for my model, 80k miles). Hope it isn't a new issue for a run of engines.

· Registered
6 Posts
If you've had this failure, comment w/ your model year, trim level, SH-AWD or front wheel drive, mileage on the engine and oil at the time of the failure. Include the affected cylinder, if you know which one it was. If this has occurred more than once in the same vehicle, include how many times it has occurred. Feel free to share any additional pertinent information.
2015 v6 awd 95000 miles mobil1 synthetic 0w20. 20% oil life. Louder than normal ticking
Noise. Thought it was lifters. Nope.

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I guess I should add mine in here.
2018 v6 SHAWD
  • ~38k Mobil1 Synthetic Extended Performance 0w20, Mobil1 Extended Performance oil filter. Connecting rod bearing on cylinder 2 failed and took out a rod.
  • ~66k Mobil1 Synthetic Extended Performance 0w20, Honda OEM oil filter. Exhibited bearing damage via a low engine knock when idling and letting off the gas.

· Registered
6 Posts
2015 V6 SH-AWD Tech.
Cylinders 2,3,6. First time this happened for this car
Oil- 0W-20 Full synthetic oil API SP/ Oil Filter- V0106
50% Oil Life

· Registered
1 Posts
2016 SH-AWD TECH 90K MILES CYCLINDER 5 CONNECTING ROD AND BEARING 1ST OCCURRENCE ALL OIL CHANGES DONE AT ACURA DEALERSHIPS. ALL SERVICE UP TO DATE. CURRENTLY COVERED UNDER ACURA CARE AND MPP. AWAITING INSPECTION FOR WARRANTY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts