Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping to get some input on a problem I’m having with a dealership. I have a 2018 TLX with the tech package my brother-in-law has the same car. He purchased the navigation update through Acura and updated his navigation. He then gave me the disc and told me I could update my navigation.
after putting the disc in my car I got an error message that would not go away. The car is still under warranty so I took it to the dealer who says the computer was fried by the disc. They want $1360 to replace the computer. After putting the computer in the radio still does not work and expect more money to replace the radio $877. I am now aware that these navigation update disc are specific to the Vin number But there was no warning on the set of discs nor the website about these disc causing possible damage or not working on another vehicle. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I believe it should be covered under the warranty. Also I don’t understand how a navigation update disc could fry the computer and the radio

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry about the issues with the Radio/Computer/Nav...
I would be honest with the dealer. I've heard that the update takes maybe an hour to update, but you should not turn off the car during that time. I would suspect that they have tested all the scenarios that one would encounter with such an update (including trying to use a disc/code on a VIN that does not match).
I would challenge their diagnosis that the DVD fried the computer/radio. Ask them to check with the local Acura tech rep to see what they say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I have been in contact with Acura customer service. Their response has been to reduce the amount to replace the computer and radio to $1395
I have questioned how a CD would fry a computer I have questioned the diagnosis I have a question why is not covered under warranty to no avail. This is my fifth Acura since 2002 you would think they would do something more. It may be my last and not because it’s a bad car it’s just left a bad taste in my mouth

·
Super Moderator
738 Posts
Thanks for your response. I have been in contact with Acura customer service. Their response has been to reduce the amount to replace the computer and radio to $1395
I have questioned how a CD would fry a computer I have questioned the diagnosis I have a question why is not covered under warranty to no avail. This is my fifth Acura since 2002 you would think they would do something more. It may be my last and not because it’s a bad car it’s just left a bad taste in my mouth
Sorry about your experience. I would keep after them about this being covered under warranty. I think it's just a coincidence that the infotainment system has failed while uploading the Navigation update. Sounds like they've found a convenient excuse not to cover the repair. Have you tried another dealership?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts