Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My compass needs to be calibrated. In the manual it suggests going to the top of any Audio Source and holding the button for five seconds to get calibration screen. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

My compass needs to be calibrated. In the manual it suggests going to the top of any Audio Source and holding the button for five seconds to get calibration screen. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Please introduce yourself and tells us about your TLX experiences. :)

Haven't had to calibrate my compass so I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand #2 : "On the top screen of any audio source, press and hold button for five seconds." I guess I don't what they mean by "top screen of any audio source."

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I believe they mean to select any audio source and don't go into any of the settings or the menu screens once you've selected whichever source. That's what I would try first.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since you did not list your model, understand that this is only for ones without nav systems.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I've looked in the manuals and they don't appear to have a different procedure for the models with Nav and the ones without.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
So back to the OPs issue. @smyers5734 if you have Nav, why do you need to calibrate your compass? If it's showing incorrect readings, I would bring it up to the dealer. As @sbillard said, it should get the info from the GPS.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Since you did not list your model, understand that this is only for ones without nav systems.
I am sorry, mine has NAV. Does that make a difference?
I've looked in the manuals and they don't appear to have a different procedure for the models with Nav and the ones without.
That is because there is NO procedure for Nav models. The compass is from the GPS.
While your post may sound logical, where do you find that the calibration is only for non-NAV models? Where do you find that the compass gets it information from? I read my manual and I see there is no clarification if this is for NAV or non-NAV systems.

My compass seems to work fine, but I would still like to know your references. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back. Can't find it now, though. But I propose a survey:

Everyone see if they can raise the compass calibration screen and report back the answer and if they have NAV or not.

Certainly I cannot get the screen on my Nav system.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back. Can't find it now, though. But I propose a survey:

Everyone see if they can raise the compass calibration screen and report back the answer and if they have NAV or not.

Certainly I cannot get the screen on my Nav system.
Thanks @sbillard . I can accept this to be true, but I would love to see the thread. :)

I tried to get into calibrate last night but couldn't figure it out or get in. I have NAV.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I tired it today as well and I wasn't able to get into the Compass calibration settings.

Every GPS that I've owned has had a compass built in so it would make sense that the car would pull it from the GPS. Having said that, we need to have someone without the NAV system to try the procedure in the manual to see if it works.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't recall with my TLX manual but in my '09 Accord with Navi the manual specifically states you do not need to calibrate the compass if you have Navigation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts