Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing holding me back from ordering a TLX AWD Advance package are the color choices. I've looked at all of them at the dealership and as much as I want to get away from black, gray, or silver, the palate offered, is muted. I'm leaning toward Basque Red Pearl II but it doesn't "pop." I'm intrigued with the Black Copper Pearl but unless the sun's out, it looks like a dull black.

I would like to know your impressions, especially from those who own/lease one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really liked the blue with my second choice being red. But we ended up getting the Silver Slate Metallic. I really like this colour now that we have it. There is a slight blue tinge when the lighting is right. Just remember, you don't notice the exterior colour much when you are driving. And it really is a fantastic car to drive.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm in the White and its nice, wish I had gone Black or Blue (my fav color).
The darker colors show the lines more and look best clean....but the white looks the best dirty which unless you clean it everyother day here in canada is what your vehcile will look like 90% of the time!
Not to keen on the red as it feels an old color as its a darker red (just my pref), if they had offered the hand painted prototype red though I would have been all over it!

·
Registered
666 Posts
My decision process was:
- what colors have I had and liked or not liked
- do I want more of the same or was it time for a change
- what is the color of my other car
- do any of the colors and interior combinations stand out for me

Never had a black which can be nice be requires a lot of work. Then I saw the Black Copper Pearl which is like a two for one special. It does show dirt/salt more than white but I can handle that. My other choices were white (already have another white car) or silver (last two were silver).

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Bellanova white - 1st white car and I love the color. I was also interested in the Black Copper Pearl which looks really good in direct sunlight. Since you mentioned the Basque Red, I would say like the Black Copper Pearl it also looks really good in the sun. I have my white TLX SH-AWD and a graphite TL SH-AWD. When the TL lease comes up in November, we are thinking of getting the Basque Red TLX 2.4 DCT Tech to replace it. It all comes down to your personal taste.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I am leasing a Basque Red Pearl. Red is definitely an individual taste. I had Basque Red Pearl on my 2011 TSX. Had to get the same.

If I could have had the prototype red, I would have jumped to that option. I like Red. I have had this color on my 1984 Honda Accord LX, 2011 TSX and now my 2015 TLX.

Red - It's not for everybody. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I went bcp, with basque red being my close alternate. Its a crummy time of year for seeing car colours with the salt, dirt, and lack of sunlight so i cant vouch heavily on how it will look in the spring. But feedback from sunnier climes convinced me.

However, when you look through the dirt, you can still see the deep copper.

My favourite of all time? Deep green on my 1998 Accord, followed by Navajo Red on my 1990 Accord. But no green in the current world it seems.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Championship white was my favorite. Had it on my type r, of course the only vehicle from acura to get it in north america.
Wish we got championship yellow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am getting many complements on my silver slate metallic choice. And it doesn't show dust/dirt as much as the darker colours.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My last two vehicles were white and black respectively and I wanted to get away from that since there are so many vehicles in those colors out there. So, obviously, I bought red. I too liked the prototype red since it really did a great job of showing off the design of the body. I wished that they would have offered the Espresso interior with the Basque Red. If I was to do this over? White with Espresso.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dracura

Dracura finally arrived 'home', after sitting in the dealer's lot since early December (remember the 'stop sell order'). Managed to wash and wax the car this morning, so I took a few pictures. Colour is BCP with Parchment interior.

Lots of fun figuring out all the new technology coming from a 2003TL.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats, very nice color! Looking at your environment unfortunately that wash will last all of about 1 day. How many days to Spring?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dracura

At least I got one coat of wax on Dracura before it gets too cold. Normally, I like to put two coats on my car to protect it from the salt and slush.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sweet drive and i congratulate you on your patience. Is the name going to stick?

I think all Canadian TLX drivers are waiting for spring, and the BCP owners praying for some sun!

·
Registered
438 Posts
over the past couple of month, i am starting to see more and more TLX on the road here in toronto, which i guess is a good thing, a good balance between I4 and SH-AWD models. only saw 1-2 with aero kits installed.

most of the TLX i see on the roads were white. some black/gray, some "silver" (which i hated, looks more like baby blue or baby purple), have yet to see a red one or blue one or copper one

·
Registered
666 Posts
In 4 months I have only seen two, but I do not drive that much. One was white and the other the same colour as mine, both in uptown Toronto.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Saw my first one at an intersection yesterday in Mississauga. Jewel Eyes were the giveaway for sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paint and interior choices are few

We wanted a replacement for our fantastic '04 TL 6 speed brembo braker in dark blue. As we looked at the colors of TLX's we were disappointed by no light colors unless you want silver or white. Then the interior choices were limited too. We ended up with white and the espresso leather we loved. The red reminded us of a mini van red and most Mazdas around. We dreamed of a light blue or light green metallic but no dice. Acura needs to release some hot colors and break out of the standard Acura line up. Reds blues greens anything. Take a look back to the 60's when every car was available in 20 colors of paint and interior. The good old days.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i think its more about costs and how much demand there is for a certain color. black white silver are clear winners........green, i doubt acura would want to invest money to allocate units painted in green when most people wouldnt touch it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts