Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Does anyone have insight on when a cold air intake would be available for the TLX V6?
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first post.

Could you elaborate on the cold air intake? I guess I am not much of a mech. :(

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for quick response. Here is link to CAI. It improves airflow by replacing the OEM air box. Have had them on my previous TSX's. Love the boost in power and sound. Surprised it has not come out but could be DI setup of new motors

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
>Perhaps not enough cold air in sunny FL? Compared to here anyway!
>:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing to do with cold climate....it's all about more direct air with less resistance. Will keep an eye out and send an email to some manufacturers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nothing to do with cold climate....it's all about more direct air with less resistance. Will keep an eye out and send an email to some manufacturers.
I was joking as we head into the deep freeze...;)

It also about getting cooler outside air, not under-the-hood hot air, into the engine? So ambient must have something to do with it.

What kind of difference did it make for you? And did your insurance company get jumpy about mod?

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the intake installed in your TLX? I like to learn new things, occasionally.

:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
It'll probably take about a year before something specifically for the TLX comes out. If you can't wait, you could always build your own intake with one of these kits.

https://www.airaid.com/U-Build-It_intake_systems.aspx

Just remove everything up to the throttle body and replace with your own tubes. Although, the TLX already draws cooler ambient air from the front grille area. In the pics in the thread below, you can see there's a duct right in front of the battery that draws cooler air into the stock air box.

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/new-2015-acura-tlx-pictures/2186-engine-bay-pics.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.