Acura TLX Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Were they "offended" because you did their trouble-shooting?
Not at all. That may be mainly because I also said that I know that they don't make much money off of this warranty work and that I wanted them to program my remote start remotes at the same time. They billed me for an hour of labor for programming the remotes and then I'm sure they billed corporate for 0.3 per the TSB.

·
Registered
525 Posts
My car has developed the same noise as well. It's a clicking or creaking noise with both front doors, though it doesn't happen all the time. I'm hoping the problems still occur when I take it into the dealer next week with my list of complaints. This has been a very frustrating ownership experience.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
It could be the seal on the leading edge of the door... if that gets dirty it will make noise. You can try to clean the rubber seal with a mild detergent (soap or even just plain water) and wipe the seal. If no dice the deal can assist. They might replace the seal... not sure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i had this too when i first got the TLX and i thought it was to do with the vinyl wrap rubbing somewhere cuz it's a bit thick but now that i think of it..
i haven't noticed it anymore

·
Super Moderator
952 Posts
Please check the forum recall area for Service Bulletin regarding this exact issue. This was B16-058 for my US 2015. This SB covers all 2015-2016 and 2017 within a specific VIN range.
I had this done with any issues and I now enjoy opening my door!! Mostly to get in and drive around :)
They had the parts in stock. I thought I would have a return trip for installation so I was completely Satisfied!!

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes. There's a TSB out for USA & CA for this exact issue. I replaced mine and no more clicking noises.
Maybe we should edit the first post to something like "Solved", with links to USA & CA TSBs. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had same on mine I found it was the plastic cover (over the hinge on the back side has a clip holding it in place was unclipped )

41 - 49 of 49 Posts