Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else is getting a clicking noise when opening their door? I traced it to the rubber gasket at the lead edge of the door, it flexes as the door is opened and then when it gets to a certain point (about half way open) it snaps back. Just a trivial issue but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else is getting a clicking noise when opening their door? I traced it to the rubber gasket at the lead edge of the door, it flexes as the door is opened and then when it gets to a certain point (about half way open) it snaps back. Just a trivial issue but wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
Yes I had this on my driver door, dealer ordered a replacement seal. All fixed :)
I noticed the seal is touching the door panel. So they replaced seal without charge?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes I had this on my driver door, dealer ordered a replacement seal. All fixed
I noticed the seal is touching the door panel. So they replaced seal without charge?
I took mine to the dealership and they fixed it. They did not replaced it but what they did is pushed the fender edge panel inside so it does not touch the seal. Lousy job though. I noticed a lot of dent along the edges of the panel but you wont see it on the outside.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes had this issue too. My door would click going over bumps. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it. The trouble was also the front rubber on the door.

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
It wasn't until I read this thread that I also noticed this "click" or "flick" of the rubber seal as I opened the driver's door. It was a little past the first "notch" in the hinge assembly that the "click/flick" is heard. I can see the leading edge of the seal on the door catches on the rear vertical edge of the fender. I also can see from the driver's seat that the rubber seal inside the front fender has a tear in it. Not sure if that is a result of the "click/flick" but I will bring it up at my A1 (currently at 80% oil life).
My fear, as always with dealer repairs, is that the collateral damage that occurs during a simple repair is far more intolerable than the initial concern.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could this be on every TLX? I will check mine today when I get home. I get a thump from under the rear bumper when I close the driver side door.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Could this be on every TLX? I will check mine today when I get home. I get a thump from under the rear bumper when I close the driver side door.
At best it could be limited to a specific batch of TLX's but of course that depends if Acura even picked this up on their end as an issue.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That makes sense. I always think my car is one of the bad batch cause I actually got it on Sep 30th. I am sure there were only a handfull out there during that time.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Picked my TLX up on August 12th, 2014. No click and no thump. :)

·
Premium Member
4,964 Posts
I haven't noticed the door noise that you're referring to on mine. I did develop a new click when I close the trunk though. About halfway down a click comes from the driver's side. I haven't taken the cover off to see what it could be.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've noticed the click on both, the driver's, as well as the passenger's side about 2 months ago. I don't hear it now (I had my car in for other repairs so maybe they corrected it?)

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
It wasn't until I read this thread that I also noticed this "click" or "flick" of the rubber seal as I opened the driver's door. It was a little past the first "notch" in the hinge assembly that the "click/flick" is heard. I can see the leading edge of the seal on the door catches on the rear vertical edge of the fender. I also can see from the driver's seat that the rubber seal inside the front fender has a tear in it. Not sure if that is a result of the "click/flick" but I will bring it up at my A1 (currently at 80% oil life).
My fear, as always with dealer repairs, is that the collateral damage that occurs during a simple repair is far more intolerable than the initial concern.
I'm dropping mine off for the A1 (2015 Dec 02). I mentioned this when I made the appointment. He said something about adjusting the door!! I cringed. Bending the fender lip, I would die if that's what they did. I will not allow them to remove, adjust the door. All the hinges are painted in place. The trim piece must be mis-aligned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also had the clicking on the drivers side, but it only happened when it was raining or after you wash the car. My dealer adjusted the door, problem gone.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a clicking sound, but thought that was normal :S

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed mine are doing it on both sides. I'll address it when I take it for its first oil change. No a huge deal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Made an appointment for Monday.

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
I got my TLX back from service. The door trim piece is ordered. The "flick" is a little louder after this service visit.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Yes that thump is nerve wrecking. My TL had that same noise and when my car got repaired, Acura gave me a few TLX loaners over the course of 3 months and they also ALL made that same dang noise. It's annoying, but luckily I don't have to get into the back seats unless I place something like grocery bag or two in there. If you close your back door and hear that noise pay attention how the side panel trunk shakes near the gas tank door

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Nope, quiet as a mouse after the rear deck rattle was fixed. I think this is the first car Ive ever owned that doesnt have any weird squeak, creaks or rattles.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts