Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V6 tech AWS has an annoying chirping sound when idling. Went for my first service last week and questioned the service manager. They supposedly diagnosed it and the techs answer was this is normal. Noise is from the fuel injector system???
40,000 dollar vehicle, engine should purr like a kitten, not chirp like a bird!

Any other V6 owners experiencing this ??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:) Sorry that you are having issues.:(
I have the V6 Paws Advance package and haven't noticed any "chirping". At times I have to check the tach to make sure the engine is still running. :laugh:
I don't remember reading about this problem from any other members on the forum so I don't think I would call it normal.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes, i have it too, and have seen it mentioned before. I went to the dealer, fired up a demo with my sales rep, and same thing

Consensus its the injectors. I do agree its annoying, and will talk to a tech on my upcoming first service.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

V6 tech AWS has an annoying chirping sound when idling. Went for my first service last week and questioned the service manager. They supposedly diagnosed it and the techs answer was this is normal. Noise is from the fuel injector system???

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Sorry to hear about the chirping. Hopefully there is a solution.

Mainly my I4 purrs but it sort of growls when I step on the gas. :D

Please tell us more about your TLX.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Google GDI engine noise. The very high pressure fuel pumps and injectors in these types of engines can make alot of racket. So yeah, it is kinda normal. My Veloster Turbo sounded like an old diesel truck when it was cold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recall there being a TSB regarding chirping at idle. To fix the techs have to install a spacer between two parts that can sometimes rub(i'd have to find the TSB).

If the engine has a slight tapping(not knocking) sound that is normal because of the design of the engine, but chirping is not.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Seems to be Acura's standard answer whenever there is a problem...."this is normal". How is it that an Acura tech is not aware of TSB on the exact problem? I guess that is what makes these forums so good....someone usually has an answer for any problem that people are experiencing...and even a link to the TSB.
Who is training (or not training) these techs?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Google GDI engine noise. The very high pressure fuel pumps and injectors in these types of engines can make alot of racket. So yeah, it is kinda normal. My Veloster Turbo sounded like an old diesel truck when it was cold.
That I can bet was from the oil not being heated up properly and/or oil level not where it should be. I recall some vehicles of mine being like that, vehicles that after a while started to burn oil and you'd hear what might be the lifters clicking away.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Nope, GDI engines are just noisy. The big insulted engine covers on many of these cars are not just for esthetics, but also to cut down on the racket they make. My Genesis sounds like a time-bomb with the engine running and the hood open. "tick tick tick tick tick tick" of the fuel injectors pulsing.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I heard the chirp for the first time today... in the garage pulling in and just happen to have both front windows open. I might admit its a bit odd, my 2003 Nissan with injectors was quieter than this... but then again it made other noises the TLX doesn't.

I love the ride... when I drive my wife's 2011 MDX, the MDX feels sooooo heavy.

"Power to the TLX"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow
Sad that Acura owners know more about these Service bulletins than dealers! I read through this bulletin and can see why they would try to push this off as something normal versus diving into this involved diagnosis. Not so sure I would trust a tech to get this job done correctly.
Unless it is causing premature wear, or chirping gets even louder, I think I may have to live with it.
Again, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow
Sad that Acura owners know more about these Service bulletins than dealers! I read through this bulletin and can see why they would try to push this off as something normal versus diving into this involved diagnosis. Not so sure I would trust a tech to get this job done correctly.
Unless it is causing premature wear, or chirping gets even louder, I think I may have to live with it.
Again, thanks for the information.
If it is bothering you then you should print out the TSB and bring it to the dealer and have it repaired under warranty. I am sure that a tech can do the job correctly and if there is a problem later, you have documentation of the work done. Acura recognized the problem enough to issue TSB. Repair now is better than wear problem later when something fails out of warranty.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Its the most annoying thing in the world.. Its like why does my V6 tlx sound like a mouse dancing around a trap
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Please tell is more about yourself and your TLX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leeroy, the pdf that you supplied that had the Acura Bulletin. If I print and take it to Acura, will they be able to fix that chirping noise? I bought my TLX, V6 SH-AWD and noticed a couple weeks ago the chirping sound. It is annoying as heck.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Printing the TSB and having the exact description of what the car is doing won't hurt. At least they won't be able to say they've never seen it.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts