Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very dumb and n00b question, and i am definitely not the type of person who should be asking this since i am no car enthusiast by any means

but i heard cars like WRX and A4 have chip mods that can unlock the engine to go even crazier. would u expect something like that to happen to TLX?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
It will probably be dependent on what the market is and if there is a demand for a company to develop a tune for the car. The 2.4 in the TLX is the same engine that's in the Civic Si and there are some tuning options for it but it's a different market and demographic.

I think this would be the right place to watch for one though. Car enthusiasts usually find forums looking for that sort of information. Vendors also frequent forums as they hope to find a market for their product. If there ever is a tune I'm sure we'll see it here.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Yeah he's right. Also, turbo cars tend to have more options from what I've seen, not so sure how much of a power gain we would see on a TLX. We'll have to wait and see.....

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm sure Hondata will come out with a tuning option eventually. It'll probably be something similar to their Flashpro for Civics and TSXs. It'll probably take a couple of years though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts