Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new vehicle and the TLX a spec is on my list. I have a 4 year old and a newborn on the way so i was wondering if anyone had any experience with child seats in the TLX. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
You'll be in a very similar situation to the one I'm in right now!

I have a 4-year old in this seat (front facing): Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat

...and an infant in this seat: https://uppababy.com/mesa/

The convertible seat (if set rear facing) and infant seat take up similar amounts of space from my own testing, but as noted above, the convertible seat is set to be front-facing right now so there's more space in front of it now. It also depends on what seats you buy, of course.

My wife and I are not particularly tall. I'm 5' 7" but if I were to have the infant seat behind me, it would compromise even my driving position, so the infant seat is set up behind my wife who is about 5' 4". Plenty of space with a front-facing child seat behind me though. That said, your proportions in terms of torso vs. leg length, etc. will make a difference as I've seen various reviews online say they don't fit that well in the back if they're 5'10" and others say they're okay when they're closer to 6'.

The 2021 TLX doesn't make good use of its exterior size for the interior. Acura definitely went more for style than function. The TLX is about as long as a BMW 5-series on the outside, but has interior space closer to (even a bit smaller than, I think) a 3-series. The interior space of the 2021 TLX is actually very similar to what I had with a 2011 BMW 3-series. The TLX does look really good though.

Trunk space otherwise is good. It fits the kids' and the adults' stuff for a weekend trip if needed. That's without the stroller base in there, but I bet I could Tetris it a bit and make it work if I had to.

The TLX can work, but it may be a bit of a squeeze. Best way to tell really is to go to a dealership with the car seats and see what you can make work. SUVs/crossovers though simply work better. My wife's Toyota RAV4 is noticeably better on space all around as far as seating goes. So if you're set on Acura, the RDX may be the way to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are seat anchors that exposed if you un-velcro the protective covers, nicely hidden and easy to access.

Font Screenshot Parallel Chair Brand

Downside is it's tight, even for being "vertically challenged", you've got to move your seat up or place it on the passenger side. Definitely one of the downsides of the 2021 TLX is the lack of passenger space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts