Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've almost come to expect commercials to be bad and not have any info in them. This new Acura commercial solidifies those expectations. The commercial shows 4 running robotic horses. Then Acura, a real horse, zooms by them and wins. Buy an Acura car. That's about it.

Not the best ad I've ever seen. In fact, its a bit of a throw away in my opinion. Feel free to disagree though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think what they're trying to get across is compared to the robotic, mechanical, insipid and souless vehicles their competitors are churning out Acura is still playing with a beating heart. If you look close they parodied their competitors headlights in the eyes of the horses.

For selling Acuras it may not be the greatest, but i definitely felt something watching the lone flesh and blood horse crash bang and beat the mechanical zombies..

It just resonated for some reason.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great commerical but seeing these 3 acura's racing, one being a NSX that's falling behind isn't a good sign! I rather see the other two trying to catch up to the NSX.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its a good commercial but it kind of straw mans its competitors. I think the commercial would be more effective it it told you something tangible about how an Acura is better than a BMW/Benz/Audi.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Its a good commercial but it kind of straw mans its competitors. I think the commercial would be more effective it it told you something tangible about how an Acura is better than a BMW/Benz/Audi.
I thought it was good to get people hyped up about it as it's something different from acura, right now acura pretty much has a revamped line of vehicles, so it's a good way to showcase it all.

But of course they need to show how much better it is than others, but it's still too early for that, it will happen in due time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I dont think its a straw man at all. I think its acuras portrayal of the battle they need to fight moving forward...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Acura would never be able to make a commercial about how they are better than the german brands

because it isnt

·
Registered
339 Posts
better as in cheaper sure.

What is everyones favorite old Acura commercial? (since their new ones are garbage)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yup, cheaper and reliability is what people mainly look for in acura. We know power can't be it, at least not to levels where it can compete with the germans

·
Registered
87 Posts
Reliability, safety, fuel efficiency. Balanced, all-around good value for the money cars. Everything that mature consumers typically value.

Not for the douchebags, status symbol seekers, show-offs and marketing victims.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Reliability, safety, fuel efficiency. Balanced, all-around good value for the money cars. Everything that mature consumers typically value.

Not for the douchebags, status symbol seekers, show-offs and marketing victims.
yeah, at least for the most part when its new, there are some of those dbags that buy them new.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yeah, at least for the most part when its new, there are some of those dbags that buy them new.
Right. There are also dbags who buy pre-owned and pimp and rice them up.

But for the most part, those types of people I mentionned avoid this unassuming value-oriented brand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts