Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I like the interior of the 2020 TLX. Only thing for me is I chose the red seats and the silver kinda clashes with it. I'm thinking of covering the trim with a vinyl or something of that sort.

Does anyone have experience with this or maybe a recommendation for a product that can help me with the coverage? Again, I only want the silver trim or at least cover that mainly.

Thanks again!!

·
Super Moderator
838 Posts
I can't answer your question specifically but you might have some luck searching through the following discussion thread:

·
Registered
217 Posts
How about a pic of what you're referring to?

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the red circles. Cuz I mainly want to cover those silver trim parts. I hope this helps. 🙏👌

·
Registered
217 Posts
Got it. I'm not sure what kind of look you're thinking of, but vinyl wrap would be the way to go, in my opinion. Not easy with all the complex curves, but it could be done. You could also paint them, but that would require removal to do it right.

Me, I'm going to wrap my "wood" trim in a brushed aluminum vinyl. The silver will be a nice contrast. (I'd also like to smoke the chrome bits, but the pieces aren't conducive to being wrapped.)

Reactions: William6244

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it. I'm not sure what kind of look you're thinking of, but vinyl wrap would be the way to go, in my opinion. Not easy with all the complex curves, but it could be done. You could also paint them, but that would require removal to do it right.

Me, I'm going to wrap my "wood" trim in a brushed aluminum vinyl. The silver will be a nice contrast. (I'd also like to smoke the chrome bits, but the pieces aren't conducive to being wrapped.)
Yeah, I guess then the main most effective is to just remove each trim piece and wrap them. Those I can do, just wanted to see if there were a precut and stick on option lol 😆.
Regardless, thanks for letting me know what you intend to do with your setup. It's always great to know how another owner would tackle a topic 👌🙏

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw another post here where someone used carbon fiber looking wrap on the wood trim. You could do that or just use a matte black vinyl. The problem area will mainly be the handles that get used a lot. Anything you use (paint or vinyl) will eventually get rubbed off. Looking forward to pictures of the final product once its done.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I didn't notice the air vents and door handles were also circled. If you're trying to eliminate every bit of silver or chrome, you have a difficult job ahead. Personally, I think the matte silver accents are classy and "sporty." The chrome bits I could do without, but fortunately, there's very little of that. It's the fake wood that has to go for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the red interior too and was considering vinyl wrapping those areas as well. Post pics if you do end up doing it. Would love to see it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know. I think it would look bland if the silver was black or even CF. You might get away with a dark metallic? What color are you thinking of wrapping it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know. I think it would look bland if the silver was black or even CF. You might get away with a dark metallic? What color are you thinking of wrapping it?
I was thinking about something similar to the red leather interior, though that can go really badly or meh... Reason I'm thinking of doing was because while testing cars, I tried the Camry Xse and the red interior and trims were really striking. So I though, hmm maybe I can try it with the TLX and see how that goes. Unfortunately, no one makes precut sets nor offers it. So I might just give up on this decision lmao 😂😂. Cuz what if I do order raw sheets and wrap them myself, and I dont like them? Then I would of wasted time, money, and most likely, my brain cells... Lmfao!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts