Acura TLX Forum banner

Cellphone holder and placement

28K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  EricInMaryland 
#1 ·
Just bought the 2015 tlx, white with expresso interior 2.4 base and so far I love it! My last car was fully loaded with nav but I never used it because I liked the waze app much more for navigation.

I'm wondering what cellphone holder people are using and where are they placing it?

#3 · (Edited)
Amazon.com: [Lifetime Warranty] Okra® Universal Powerful Magnetic CD Slot Car Mount Cradle-less for all Smartphones & GPS, Apple iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5 4S Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note 4 3 2 (Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

Works great, but a few things....

I installed it reverse of the pic shown. It will block the top of the lower screen slightly. Its ok for me as I prefer to use WAZE as well.

Secondly, from time to time the round part with the magnets will loosen. Its the screw inside. I removed the ball and added some loctite on the small philips screw and put back. No problems.

Will not work with a thick battery case such as a mophie.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I,also, prefer a CD slot mount. Wife and I find this style mount to be sturdy and less restrictive.

http://www.amazon.com/Caseology-One...ref_=mp_s_a_1_18&sr=8-18&tag=viglink125991-20

no magnets, you can use it with a Mophie case.

I bought 2 of these before I bought the Okra case. I thought design was flimsy and it does not hold the Mophie case. I wasn't happy about the stress put in the mount to place the phone in and out.

The mount is not deep enough for the Mophie case. At least for an iPhone 5 it's not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
That is not too bad at all. Anyone using that or something similar might want to have a look into photography products that can play into this, Manfrotto being one brand that carries poles and gripping systems for cameras that might help in mounting this phone mount somewhere else it wasn't design for.

#9 ·
#11 ·
I'm hoping to find a mount like this one, shown on a Hyundai Sonata. Panavise makes a number of these, but nothing specifically for the TLX yet. Maybe one they make for another model will fit the Acura - I'm looking for ideas...

Acura TLX 2015-2016 ProClip Angled Mount*-*ProClip USA

I would get this too but they do not make a holder part for my phone. I used them before, great quality.

#17 ·
I bought an iottie off of amazon a year ago. Great mount! Just bought my second one for the tlx. Do not put it on the dash as it can ruin it. I put mine on the windshield by the left pillar right above the wheel. Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Windshield-Dashboard-One-Retail-Packaging-Black/dp/B007FHX9OK

I am also looking to buy something that attaches to the windshield. Does the iottie base leave a sticky residue on the glass?

Also, has anyone here tried holders that attach to the side airvents ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.