Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

Reactions: NYC

·
Registered
68 Posts
This may be redundant but I found a suitable cell phone holder for my TLX. It is a Caseology Clinch, which has a spring-loaded tab that will insert into your CD player (without the included adapter). I've had it for one week and can attest to its worthiness for my TLX...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C9...=caseology&dpPl=1&dpID=41+Qrby3y-L&ref=plSrch
Does it affect the dust protectors in the CD slot? I got one like this that my wife had been using because the part that goes into the CD slot was too thick to fit in the TLX CD slot. But when we had to take her car in for service, she took it out and those bristles in the CD slot were all bent out of the way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tab that slides into the slot fits into the opening firmly (which is fine by me because the phone wobble is negligible). Once the tab is inserted, releasing the spring-loaded clamp just re-inforces the firmness. I cannot attest to how the insert affects the dust mitigation feature. I don't use my CD player though, I believe, one can play CDs while the mount is inserted.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i got a similar one for my gf who has a 2015 ILX, not the new one with i4 engine

it works for the older generation ILX because they did not have a dual screen setup

just for the heck of it i tried it on my TLX, my main concern is that it blocks your view of the nav screen, and more importantly, the top of the touchscreen console. and with a usb charging cable (should u choose to charge your phone while driving) dangling in the middle of the touchscreen is a bit problematic

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I concur with that assessment. My base I-4 doesn't have NAV so the upper screen is no issue. In portrait mode one can have the phone high enough on the mount to where the lower screen interference is nominal.
I drive with the iPhone charging cable attached so that I may utilize the "Hey Siri" feature. I am curious to see how much maneuverability I will have with Siri, within the revamped Apple Music app, since the iOS 8.4 update was released this week...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As one can see, should the mount be installed right-justified into the CD slot, the lower screen interference is nominal. The upper NAV screen is not impacted at all.

Attachments

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just purchased one of these. It was free for me since I had more $14 on my Discover card cashback which works well with Amazon. Thanks for showing the pics, that made my decision.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just purchased one of these. It was free for me since I had more $14 on my Discover card cashback which works well with Amazon. Thanks for showing the pics, that made my decision.
Certainly! We're here to help each other. I'm sure that you will appreciate the usefulness of this holder as much as we do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts