Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I do like the wood grain interior but want to carbon fiber wrap it. Has anyone tried to remove the wood grain trim? Car is so new I would hate to break anything while trying to remove them. If anyone has removed the door trims or figured out how to take apart the middle console wood grain trim please let me know!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello! I do like the wood grain interior but want to carbon fiber wrap it. Has anyone tried to remove the wood grain trim? Car is so new I would hate to break anything while trying to remove them. If anyone has removed the door trims or figured out how to take apart the middle console wood grain trim please let me know!
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Hopefully someone will have a reply for you. For me, I don't mod my car beyond window tint. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd be so cautious about removing the wood inside the car. Could you ask a detailer instead of doing it yourself? It seems like a good idea since you don't seem to know exactly what you are doing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Coming from a background in car audio and having to deal with things like this, it usually requires you to remove the whole door panel to access the screws and nuts that hold on the trim and just about everything else that hold on the other removable parts to the door panel. The real issue here is breaking clips, not the trim unless you're really aggressive with it.

Probably best that we wait for a DIY, service manual or take it to some customization shop that you'll feel confident in doing this.

@mr.smith detailers detail cars aka clean cars, they don't take them apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol thanks for the warm welcoming! I still need to tint my windows. But i have to get them with the front windows not tinted since im gonna go to California for work lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes... yeah i dont feel like i want to take apart the whole panel right now. Guess ill wait for the service manual to see what i need to do.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe not specific to the TLX, but I'm sure you could find a YouTube video that would tell you how to put on the carbon fiber wrap properly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like your idea. let us know if you do it. I'm not crazy about the chrome strip around the windows. I may look into changing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.