Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys -

What is everyone's experience with car washes?

The car wash I usually go to is one where you can't stay inside the car. I know the shifter buttons obviously allow you to put the car in neutral - but when the door opens it shifts back to Park. I was told to put the car in Neutral - press the Start Engine button, and it will be set to a "permanent neutral" for a maximum of 15 mins.

Do the car washes know this trick? In any event, i'll just tell them but it still makes me a bit uneasy - i've seen some carwashes royally F up people's cars.

We're approaching summer here in the NY area so I'll probably be doing the washes myself (for the most part) but this specific topic has been bothering me a bit.

What does everyone think?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
What you’re referring to is “car wash mode”. It works fine and the one car wash around here that you need to leave the car in neutral knew what to do. I think my TLX came with a card that had the car wash mode procedure in it. You could leave it in the car in an obvious place if you don’t trust them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One kind of wonder what the statistics are for car wash types. I've read about them on here, but have never actually been in one where you put the car in neutral. Every one I have been in you put the car in park when the "Put car in park" light comes on .
Now a feature to automatically optimally use the dryer time by reading the time left on the countdown timer would be fun. (But I hope Tesla doesn't waste time on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts