Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that anyone here would run their TLX through an automated car wash, but if you find yourself headed toward the local Mr. Bubbles for some reason, you might keep in mind that the brushless whatevers that clean your car can exert enough pressure on the fuel filler flap to release the latch as it goes through machine.

I guess the spring loaded plug on the fuel filler neck prevents significant water intrusion into the tank, but it's a bit unnerving. The duty manger noticed it too, and we're both hoping that maybe the flap wasn't fully latched and this was an anomalous occurrence.

The car has been through that particular facility several times and this is the first time it has happened, but I thought I'd drop a heads-up here for information.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not that anyone here would run their TLX through an automated car wash, but if you find yourself headed toward the local Mr. Bubbles for some reason, you might keep in mind that the brushless whatevers that clean your car can exert enough pressure on the fuel filler flap to release the latch as it goes through machine.

I guess the spring loaded plug on the fuel filler neck prevents significant water intrusion into the tank, but it's a bit unnerving. The duty manger noticed it too, and we're both hoping that maybe the flap wasn't fully latched and this was an anomalous occurrence.

The car has been through that particular facility several times and this is the first time it has happened, but I thought I'd drop a heads-up here for information.
There's an easy fix. Make sure that your car doors are locked. There is a pin that holds that fuel door closed when they are locked.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I agreed with @flatlandTLX about make sure that your doors are lock prior go into car wash lane. I’ve been using automated car wash since I purchased my vehicle and does not have that problem so far.

FYI. those who want to know about what else to turn on or turn off during car wash drive thru beside lock all your doors and close all your windows.

Advance model: recommend turn off your rain sensing wiper, fold your mirror, and parking sensor

Any other trims: turn off your parking sensor if you don’t want to get annoy by the beep

in term of putting the car back from Neutral to Drive mode at the end without press on brake pedal. I’m still struggling with that(do let me know if you have any tips on that)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can not open mine until I push the filler door release button. Tried pushing in on it when first got the car, because my TSX was a push release filler door!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts