Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have my car set to auto lock when I walk away from it but this feature doesn't always work!
It's supposed to beep twice the first beep is to let me know that the car is locked and the second beep is to engage the alarm. MOST times when I park and begin walking away I get a series of about 5-7 beeps and the car never locks nor does the alarm engage!
Is it something I'm doing wrong??

Thoughts?

·
Registered
519 Posts
The 5-7 beeps sounds like what my car does when you leave the remote in the car.
Are all of your remotes out of the car when this happens?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 5-7 beeps sounds like what my car does when you leave the remote in the car.
Are all of your remotes out of the car when this happens?
Yes it's the EXACT same sound it would make if you were to leave the remote in the car but I always have it on me when I walk away..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Where is the second remote for the car? Does a spouse have it, or is it stored elsewhere for safe keeping?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice my stupid trunk opens when it feels like it!!!!!

Then I found out my driver key #2 is making the car freak out.

Switch the key with the other for several days don't use the one you're using now at all keep it at a distance and see if that helps ... It's been a month no surprise discovering my trunks open moments ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The second remote usually no where near it.

I'll try switching remotes for a bit and see if that works!

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
So I have my car set to auto lock when I walk away from it but this feature doesn't always work!
It's supposed to beep twice the first beep is to let me know that the car is locked and the second beep is to engage the alarm. MOST times when I park and begin walking away I get a series of about 5-7 beeps and the car never locks nor does the alarm engage!
Is it something I'm doing wrong??

Thoughts?
Is it possible that you're walking away from the vehicle too quickly? The auto lock engages in about 2 seconds after the doors are closed and the key fob needs to be no farther than 5 feet away from the doors. And I believe (from the manual) that the first beep engages the auto lock system and the second beep actually locks the doors and simultaneously engages the alarm.

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
Nice my stupid trunk opens when it feels like it!!!!!
I've had a few random incidents where I've found my trunk open and I'm sure I'm not accidentally pushing the button on the key fob while it's in my pocket.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had a few random incidents where I've found my trunk open and I'm sure I'm not accidentally pushing the button on the key fob while it's in my pocket.

I'd actually like to know if you ever resolve that and what you did. It certainly seems like it's a specific remote for me.

I've watched it happen with my own eyes several times now. Typically after I've already locked the vehicle with the remote as much as a minute afterwards I will see it randomly occur.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also OP keep us posted on if you ever figure out what's going on in your situation

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
I'd actually like to know if you ever resolve that and what you did. It certainly seems like it's a specific remote for me.

I've watched it happen with my own eyes several times now. Typically after I've already locked the vehicle with the remote as much as a minute afterwards I will see it randomly occur.

I haven't found any solution nor have I investigated the cause. And, I've never actually witnessed it. Been using the same Driver #1 remote the entire time, always in my pocket and none of the other remotes are ever near the vehicle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it possible that you're walking away from the vehicle too quickly? The auto lock engages in about 2 seconds after the doors are closed and the key fob needs to be no farther than 5 feet away from the doors. And I believe (from the manual) that the first beep engages the auto lock system and the second beep actually locks the doors and simultaneously engages the alarm.
That's EXACTLY what it is! I went out and tested it and if I walk away too quiclky it does the 5-7 series of beeps!! So now I know I need to walk slowly away from my car. LOL!

Thanks everyone!!!

Reactions: hmbecker3

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
It's a detachment disorder of the TLX... like to keep the driver with it at all times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trunk open

This may not be your situation but I have found the trunk open on occasion after getting in the car. I found that my knee was pushing the trunk button as I was getting in.

One thing that would be helpful if you would tell us what your driving, you can put that in the signature field.
In order to create the signature, when logged on, select Tools, User CP, and you should see Edit Signature on the left hand side.

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
This may not be your situation but I have found the trunk open on occasion after getting in the car. I found that my knee was pushing the trunk button as I was getting in.

One thing that would be helpful if you would tell us what your driving, you can put that in the signature field.
In order to create the signature, when logged on, select Tools, User CP, and you should see Edit Signature on the left hand side.
Definitely not my knee hitting the trunk button. It's occurring after I've left the car secured. BTW - my posts include a pic of my car and below the picture states what I'm driving. Currently a 2018 2.4L w/Tech and previously a 2015, same model. Thanks.

·
Banned
12 Posts
As many times as it takes for the car to beep: beep once for a lock beep twice for unlock. (this is as far as you really need to read the rest is just more info)

Sometimes I click it twice by accident when it worked because it was not connecting. Then I get a horn honk saying why you do that.

Used to have a car that no amount of clicking would connect the fob to the car had to manually lock it no matter where I was even though I had a fob with lock/unlock ability.
Some time I also forget I locked it and have to try to lock it from inside my apartment or far away. Lucky me my parking spot is right outside my bedroom window.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
...BTW - my posts include a pic of my car and below the picture states what I'm driving....
Feeling like something is pressing the remote while in your pocket... (while there is a picture of your car in the posts one can't really confirm the trim / model of your white TLX)

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Let me stick my two cents in too. Had a simlar problem with a customer and it turned out that his pants were very tight and the button would press while in his pocket. The solution was to purchase a silicon FOB cover off ebay for $6. One other note is that like others have said, the second remote could be causing problems. A Faraday cage or wallet for the second remote ends that possibility. Lastly, change the battery in your remote. Yes, I know things still work and such, but even a slightly weak battery can cause havoc gremlins.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I’m having the same issue with my 2018 TLX I just purchased it about a month ago and every now and then the Fuel door will open and the trunk will pop open no reason or rhyme still can’t figure it out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I’m having the same issue with my 2018 TLX I just purchased it about a month ago and every now and then the Fuel door will open and the trunk will pop open no reason or rhyme still can’t figure it out.
You are pushing the buttons with your knee when you get in the car. Watch your knee next time you get in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts