Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman told me I would take delivery of my new TLX after I returned from vacation. Called him today to find delivery will be delayed till September 7th to 11th. Bummer. All I can do is wait. Anyhow, vacation was great and I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.

I enjoyed a nice vacation visiting the Canadian and United States Rockies. I recommend the trip if you haven't been there yet.

Here are some pics (although I wish they were of my new TLX.)

Waterton Lakes National Park

Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park

Banff (Viewed from Sulphur Mountain)

Moraine Lake

Lake Louise

Columbia Icefield

Glacier Skywalk in Jasper National Park

Pyramid Lake in Jasper National Park

Calgary Tower

I completed my goal of seeing all 50 United States in 2005. Guess it's time to see all Canadian Provinces. :)

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Wow. Really nice pictures. Banff and Lake Louise are on my bucket list.

Can't wait to see pictures of your TLX. The wait for a new car is so agonizing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Super nice pictures. Yea the West coast is really nice, I really want to visit sometime soon....

I do agree, the TLX pictures would be nice, but its nice to post stuff other then cars in the lounge. We're all human and have other things we like and want to talk about.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Awesome pictures from your trip. Not a bad way to spend the time while you wait for your TLX too. Where are you from originally? What provinces are you planning to visit next?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Those are some amazing places you went to, wow.

It sucks your TLX didn't arrive in time, it would have been nice to hop in the TLX right after coming back from vacation.

hopefully there are no further delays.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you haven't I'd reco heading out to Canada's east. PEI is some of the most gorgeous country, vastly different than the west but I think I prefer the east. Its just got a great old time vibe to it...

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I"ve never been East of Montreal, only visited Ontario, and a few States in the USA. I should probably do a Canadian trip at some point...

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome pictures from your trip. Not a bad way to spend the time while you wait for your TLX too. Where are you from originally? What provinces are you planning to visit next?
Thanks! I was born in Miami, Florida. (Family has been here since 1774, but not in the same house or location.) Lived here most of my life. Lived one year near Memphis, TN and 5 years in Maryland. Then I returned to live near Ft. Lauderdale and work in Miami.

I am not sure which province to try next. This was my longest trip in Canada, mostly in Alberta. I visited British Columbia a bit this time and also once when I visited from Seattle. When young with my family we went to Quebec and Ontario. A couple years ago I visited New Brunswick and saw the Bay of Fundy (sp?). By cruiseship, I visited Halifax in Nova Scotia, then hopped over to St. John back on New Brunswick. I believe I flew into Newfoundland and Labrador on an overseas flight, but I didn't leave the airport so that doesn't count. :(

Now that I put the list together, I am doing better than I thought. Not sure where I will go next. I need to study.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you haven't I'd reco heading out to Canada's east. PEI is some of the most gorgeous country, vastly different than the west but I think I prefer the east. Its just got a great old time vibe to it...
I always heard that PEI is nice.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I"ve never been East of Montreal, only visited Ontario, and a few States in the USA. I should probably do a Canadian trip at some point...
Yes, you should. Canada is a lovely country, at least in the summer time :)

I imagine if I could handle the cold, I would enjoy it in the winter as well. I've never been anywhere the temps went below 0 degrees C or F. (10 Degrees Fahrenheit is my near comfortable limit.)

Also traveling in the US is nice. I was surprised how easy the border crossings are even with a passport requirement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.