Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me but I just don't understand why car manufacturers label the color black as crystal black or some other name when it looks the same. Why not just plain old black?

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
I think it's because they don't sound as nice and I'm sure in the beginning it was to take the different shades into account.

The brochures wouldn't be the same. "Plain old black" "everyday red" "normal blue" "boring white". Lol.

It's all marketing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's all part of their efforts to create the sort of emotions and experience they want customers to experience.

Just listing 'Black' isn't as exciting as seeing 'Crystal Black' which might make you want to dig deeper.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's because they don't sound as nice and I'm sure in the beginning it was to take the different shades into account.

The brochures wouldn't be the same. "Plain old black" "everyday red" "normal blue" "boring white". Lol.

It's all marketing.
Lol, I actually like the sound of "everyday red". Guess I'm one of those people that don't care too much for labeling. Thanks fro answering my question!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds nice and I think there are subtle differences in finish, for example, "metallic" is different from "pearl" is different from "crystal".

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
"Arrest me" Red is my favorite!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
But which one:
- Basque Red Pearl (TLX)
- Pomegranate Pearl (RLX)
- Dark Cherry Pearl (MDX)

and that is just Acura.

How about:
- Garnet Red Pearl Effect (A6)
- Brilliant Red (R8 Spyder)

and the list goes on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
its all to do with Marketing! When have you ever picked out a colour for anything that doesn't have an exotic name? Nothing is plain old red or black apart from childrens crayons as they don't give a....

·
Registered
251 Posts
And the colors truly are more complicated than just red or black. The finish is one example. These colors usually involve multiple layers of paint which can change the color, mostly in how it changes depending on the lighting or angle you look at it from.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My next car will have car body made of LCD panel, and a dial button similar to radio volume on the steering wheel. Using the dial, I can change the car color to any of my choice. Just a thought.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Color matters. The color you decide for your new car can influence both the cost of ownership and its resale value. This is because of a variety of reasons, including changing tastes in color, where you live, and whether manufacturers have retired your vehicle’s color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts