Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, looking to get a SH-AWD model. one dealer got back to me at around invoice +3%, minus all incentives, plus taxes and fees

should i go for it? good deal or can i do better than that?

·
Registered
251 Posts
It sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. Only way to see if you can get something better is to shop around a bit though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmm...I think there is room for a bit more, IMO.
Canadian MSRP for SH-AWD (no Tech) is 42164. I don't have the invoice number but based on what edmunds.com is showing for the AWD US models it is probably 2500 less than MSRP for Canadian dealers.
So let's say, conservatively, if the invoice is 39600 then the 3% comes to $1188 of their profit and the discount is about $1300. I think you can get at least $200 - $300 more for this particular model if you invest your time and energy in the negotiation process :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according to unhaggle:

the invoice for SH-AWD tech is 40379
freight and fees is 2130
cash incentive is -2000 for this month

·
Registered
317 Posts
according to unhaggle:

the invoice for SH-AWD tech is 40379
freight and fees is 2130
cash incentive is -2000 for this month
So the difference is only $1785....
Still, 3% over invoice gives them rougly $1,209, which leaves you with a discount of $576.00
I still think they should do better...if they drop 1K that still leaves them with $785.00 which IMO woudl be a fair deal.
Of course 2K cash incentive would be on top of that and they don't care about it since this one is coming from corporate.
They will not touch PDI/fees

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
just curious, where is your $1785 number coming from? trying very hard to understand your math here...

ADD:
oh ok....you are subtracting invoice price for SH-AWD tech of 40,379 from MSRP for SH-AWD (no tech) 42,164

we are not comparing apples to apples here

my invoice is TECH, your MSRP is BASE

the MSRP of SH-AWD tech is 43,890 + 2,174 fees = 46,064 according to acura.ca
likewise, MSRP of SH-AWD base is 39,990 + 2174 fees = 42,164

my apologies, i should clarify that i am looking at the SH-AWD tech package, not base

·
Registered
317 Posts
Rigth, I was using MSRP for AWD V6 base.
Regardless, the more expensive car the more money comes for them with that 3% profit and the difference between invoice and MSRP is bigger so this gives you more room for getting a better deal.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ic

though with the vehicle just "fresh off the oven" and with the SH-AWD not even publicly launched with people pre-ordering already, do you think there is any wiggle room beyond the typical invoice+3% mark?

it's an extreme example, let's take the subaru WRX, the wait is 4-5 months and no dealer will budge from MSRP, not even a penny.

so do you feel i should aim for invoice+1% or flat invoice?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think it is safe to go for 2% with this particular model.

I am pretty sure nobody is going to sell you at invoice at the moment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Are the WRXs that in demand? I had no idea. Can't the just make more of them?
Actually, the current wait time is 7 months as my coworker just got one a week ago (by luck the one he wanted was ordered by the dealership for the showroom; if he wanted to get a different configuration they told him 7 months for the delivery).

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the WRX is made in japan as supposed to north america so ya they can only make so many at a time. it will be a challenge to even find one in the showroom or for a test drive

i am not over-exaggerating with the 4-5 month wait either; thats what the dealer told me last weekend. not only that, there's a waiting list so they won't give a crap if you walk out of a negotiation as there will always be someone coming in line

subaru is famous for keeping very low inventory to drive demand, and of course make money in the process

1 - 12 of 12 Posts