Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's a new one! It hit 108 degrees F here in Chandler Arizona yesterday. The remote start was a gem, and allowed me to cool the interior of the car in advance. However, once I climbed in the car, I got this an interesting message/picture on my display: "Some Driver Assist Systems Cannot Operate: Camera Temperature Too High", along with a graphic of a camera next to a thermostat icon. (See attached)

Car drove just fine, but the lane assist departure and collision detection features were definitely not working.

Once I drove the car for 5-10 minutes and then pulled it into my garage, the messages turned off and everything was back to normal.

Is this something I should expect from the TLX in these blazing hot Arizona summers? Or worth checking it out with the dealer?

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well here's a new one! It hit 108 degrees F here in Chandler Arizona yesterday.
Oh da*n. I was in the Scottsdale area last week to soak up some heat, but it only got up to 104 on one of the seven days, and was generally mid 90's. Oh well, maybe next year.

That message is a first. Maybe a case for tinting your windows and trying to park in the shade (really hard to find, and then the birds do their thing to your car).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That message is a first. Maybe a case for tinting your windows and trying to park in the shade (really hard to find, and then the birds do their thing to your car).
My windows are actually already tinted! Also, I assume this message is related to the camera on the underside of the trunk near the license plate? Or could it be a different camera that is getting overheated?

·
Registered
191 Posts
It is probably the camera on the top of the windshield, and this high temperature limit is specified in Acura TLX disclaimers in advertising.
In my Mazda3, there is no alert but lane keeping alert is not working well after a very hot day under the sun... So I think Acura way of disabling these security tools if they are not reliable is a better choice.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
My windows are actually already tinted! Also, I assume this message is related to the camera on the underside of the trunk near the license plate? Or could it be a different camera that is getting overheated?
Definitely touch base with the dealer. Maybe there is a local fix or recommendation you can use.

I believe the hottest heat I have ever felt was in AZ. In comparison to AZ, Florida is a lot cooler. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep us posted. We get some pretty hot summers here in central cali!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

This happened to me last week here in Los Angeles when it was in the mid-90's. I didn't think of the camera by the rear view mirror. My car was facing the sun at the time.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Sorry to hear of this issue. In South Florida it get's quite hot in the sun as well. Today I faced my car into the afternoon sun and put up the sunshade. Of course, the camera is still exposed. I hope to not have this issue.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Today it got up to 104 °F and was a bit cloudy in the afternoon. I did use sunshade as I parked into the afternoon sun.

I believe we are talking about the front camera that fails when the heat rises, right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Custom Sun Shade for Camera

While a windshield sun shade would in invaluable for protecting the dash from UV and in general heating up the car, it does leave the mirror's camera assembly exposed.
Has anyone tried making a cutout of cardboard and sticking aluminum foil and a suction cup to stick to the windshield on the outside? :D
Just knowing that there are "exposed" and "sensitive" electronics I try facing my windshield away from sun anyways but I was wondering if this would help prevent the heat issues.

·
Registered
164 Posts
While a windshield sun shade would in invaluable for protecting the dash from UV and in general heating up the car, it does leave the mirror's camera assembly exposed.
Has anyone tried making a cutout of cardboard and sticking aluminum foil and a suction cup to stick to the windshield on the outside? :D
Just knowing that there are "exposed" and "sensitive" electronics I try facing my windshield away from sun anyways but I was wondering if this would help prevent the heat issues.
How about a trailer hitch and attach a mobile shade ? something similar to this....
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...3EB3821F9209D0DADA6112FAB16CD7008&FORM=IQFRBA

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Love the wondes that attache to the outside... my wife would think I was nuts if I used that.... and with the TLX I might just do it. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love the wondes that attache to the outside... my wife would think I was nuts if I used that.... and with the TLX I might just do it. :)
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Alanjm53, that is funny never heard of that.... have you tried it? Where is the brewery?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alanjm53, that is funny never heard of that.... have you tried it? Where is the brewery?
Haven't tried it. A large chain store (no, they don’t specialize in large chains) named Total Wine opened this Friday passed. They merchandise and sell from a vast selection of wines, beers, and spirits.
I currently have enough quantity and selection of beers in my beer fridge to keep me covered for a short while, but I intend to purchase "Gonzo" and several other varieties upon my next trip for reloading.

Here's the link for that brewery located at Frederick, MO

Flying Dog Brewery - Good People Drink Good BeerFlying Dog Brewery

Glad you enjoyed the post...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Apparently one could purchase that "Gonzo" tee from their online store...

Gonzo Tee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts