Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Acura 2016 TLX tinted
14 Posts
correction I have at most a $16,000 car, maybe in 2016 it was worth that much but certainly not now. However, I didn't know that's how much their (Assuming you are talking about Brembo Calipers) calipers cost to go on an Acura TLX considering their website didn't seem to point to where and for how much one could purchase a set of calipers.

However I won't be buying the MGP calipers, A good handful of reviews for them were quite negative.
Just bought my 2016 from CarMax for 40k..haha 😂 😂 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
The standard calipers that come with the vehicle dont look good painted. They are far from the Brembo style brake calipers.
Exactly. That’s super tacky. But also, if you do “paint” your calipers the paint peels off later. Doing it properly means powder coating. That requires taking the calipers apart, removing all the gaskets, then re-assembling after the powder coat (powder coating involves heat, which will melt your gaskets). I powder coated my calipers the original color, to keep the OEM look and prevent rust.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Tire Bumper Rim Bicycle part

·
Registered
Acura 2016 TLX tinted
14 Posts
Great idea.. what got me started down this road was that my stock ones are getting rusty..

I've been converted over the past 48hrs from "I want to tuner mod my TLX" to "I want to make it UBER-STOCK" with maybe some blackout of the chrome. If I want a race car, i should buy one.. not try and convert a perfectly good 4 door sports sedan into a race car.

Thank you all for your insights..

J

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great idea.. what got me started down this road was that my stock ones are getting rusty..

I've been converted over the past 48hrs from "I want to tuner mod my TLX" to "I want to make it UBER-STOCK" with maybe some blackout of the chrome. If I want a race car, i should buy one.. not try and convert a perfectly good 4 door sports sedan into a race car.

Thank you all for your insights..

J
I did make one actual “mod”, which was adjustable coilovers. The OEM suspension was driving me crazy (I don’t have the A-Spec). I’m the process I lowered the car about an inch and a half and it totally changed the look, in a good way. It looks totally stock, but low. And tinted windows of course.
Automotive tire Camera accessory Bicycle part Cameras & optics Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
30 Posts
To each is own on this. Durability depends on the paint you use and the weather conditions the vehicle is exposed to. Here in SoCal where we don’t get snow, ice and salt on the roads, a decent paint is very durable IF you prep the calipers properly. I media blasted mine before I painted them to have a non-greasy surface to adhere to. Some may not like the red, that’s fine; I’ve had nothing but positive comments against the gray wheels and white paint. Good luck in your choice.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive design

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd def like to do a brake upgrade with some meatier brakes and nice looking calipers. Maybe have them sent off to gold line for coating before the install. Just hard for me to justify the cost.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts