Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting my calipers painted red. I’d like to be able to add “Acura” in white on the front calipers and “TLX” in white on the rear calipers. Curious as to anyone’s thoughts on this. And also, if anyone knows anywhere this can be done for a reasonable price. I’m in York, On. Thanks! Drive safe

P.S I’d like the red to match the “A” in aspec

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Caliper covers on Mine that are exactly what you described (minus the matching red A-spec color). Getting them painted isn't crazy expensive, around $200-$300 for most cars. With a non-standard paint color it would be much more expensive, so you'd have to get quotes for that one. I know I was quoted $230 for standard red paint when I wanted to do mine. If you wanted "Acura" and "TLX" painted on that would be much more expensive. I think your best bet is the caliper covers or just a color matched red.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Caliper covers on Mine that are exactly what you described (minus the matching red A-spec color). Getting them painted isn't crazy expensive, around $200-$300 for most cars. With a non-standard paint color it would be much more expensive, so you'd have to get quotes for that one. I know I was quoted $230 for standard red paint when I wanted to do mine. If you wanted "Acura" and "TLX" painted on that would be much more expensive. I think your best bet is the caliper covers or just a color matched red.
Thanks for your input! I saw this exact caliper covers on Amazon, mentioned them to my car guy buddy, and got chirped hard lol. I think I would just go with trying to find a solid red to match.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input! I saw this exact caliper covers on Amazon, mentioned them to my car guy buddy, and got chirped hard lol. I think I would just go with trying to find a solid red to match.
On a side note, the caliper covers I saw on Amazon were for 3 bills for the 4! A bit expensive in my mind.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve actually been considering getting mine done red as well, just to add a little personal touch. I’ve seen another black Aspec in my area, and would like mine to be different

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
So you have a $40,000 car but can’t justify $240 for a set of covers?🤷‍♂️
correction I have at most a $16,000 car, maybe in 2016 it was worth that much but certainly not now. However, I didn't know that's how much their (Assuming you are talking about Brembo Calipers) calipers cost to go on an Acura TLX considering their website didn't seem to point to where and for how much one could purchase a set of calipers.

However I won't be buying the MGP calipers, A good handful of reviews for them were quite negative.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Caliper covers retain heat and will warp your rotors over time.
Thanks for the input! After talking with a few of my car buddies, they advised me it’s a big faux pas in the car community. If anything I’ll just paint them red. I really think it will look sharp.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don’t paint them. They look faux pas painted! Car guys say the stock calipers painted are for those who wish they had Brembo, Wilwood or Speedmasters!
Secondly the TLX calipers don't have any room for any kind of print.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
I don't really understand the red/yellow/blue/green caliper thing. Yes, they can look good if they're good-looking pieces to begin with, but I agree... ours should be black or silver.

I plan to paint mine black and install a set of RDX caliper covers this summer. This thread is where I got the idea: DIY: RDX caliper covers

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the idea of adding those RDX caliper covers much more, thanks for sharing that. Adds a little touch but still looks stock

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking of getting my calipers painted red. I’d like to be able to add “Acura” in white on the front calipers and “TLX” in white on the rear calipers. Curious as to anyone’s thoughts on this. And also, if anyone knows anywhere this can be done for a reasonable price. I’m in York, On. Thanks! Drive safe

P.S I’d like the red to match the “A” in aspec
I got my calipers painted when they started to rust. One year later the rust was coming back. I think trying to make OEM calipers look like Bembros by painting them red looks lame. You’ve got a classy luxury car there, don’t go all Honda Civic teenager mod-boy on it, stay in your lane. If you do go for paint, be aware it does not last, and when it starts coming off it’s going to look really bad. When the paint job I got started to fail one year later, I got them powder coated the original silver, at JP Powder Coating in Waterloo. No regrets at all, powder coating is the way to go! They do have to fully disassemble your brakes, that includes removing any rubber gaskets or else! Powder coating is high heat, bare calipers only. Well worth it. Picture attached.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts