Manual Page 469 says "Please
contact a dealer for replacement."
Glove box design for the TLX is very different compared to the TL. The glove box removal instructions for the TL won't help.
It sort of looks like the glove box might come out as an assembly after removing three screws. I'm hoping some explicit instructions come out before I need to replace mine so I don't have to invent a procedure on my own. I don't want to be the trailblazer who discovers that part that flies off and disappears when the wrong screw is removed
It's been a while but I did see a video where they removed the TLX glove box in order to get to the Automatic Noise Cancellation (ASC) system to physically disable ANC. Maybe search on YouTube or Google for that?
The dealership had a new owners reception this evening. I went and talked to one of the mechanics. He showed me how to access the filter and it's very easy.
Open the glove box and remove the book shelf. There is a rectangular plastic piece on the back wall. Remove that cover and the air filter enclosure is exposed. Much easier than removing the glove box in the older models.
This is very similar to changing the Acura TL cabin air filter.
1. Open glove box and remove all contents
2. Pull out L-shaped shelf.
3. Remove rectangular cover from the bottom (2 pins)
4. Remove air filter door from the sides (2 clips)
5. Remove air filter. Make note of air flow direction (down).
6. Insert new air filter - same orientation. Make sure air flow arrow points down.
7. Repeat 1 - 4 in reverse order.