Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to replace the cabin air filter in a TLX? I can't find any instructions online.

A search resulted in hits for TL but not TLX. It appears that Acura went to a completely new design for the glove box, so the TL instructions don't apply.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Can't find any instructions either. But I was told its in the exact same place as the TL. So in a panel behind the glove box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manual Page 469 says "Please
contact a dealer for replacement."

Glove box design for the TLX is very different compared to the TL. The glove box removal instructions for the TL won't help.

It sort of looks like the glove box might come out as an assembly after removing three screws. I'm hoping some explicit instructions come out before I need to replace mine so I don't have to invent a procedure on my own. I don't want to be the trailblazer who discovers that part that flies off and disappears when the wrong screw is removed:eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
It's been a while but I did see a video where they removed the TLX glove box in order to get to the Automatic Noise Cancellation (ASC) system to physically disable ANC. Maybe search on YouTube or Google for that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealership had a new owners reception this evening. I went and talked to one of the mechanics. He showed me how to access the filter and it's very easy.

Open the glove box and remove the book shelf. There is a rectangular plastic piece on the back wall. Remove that cover and the air filter enclosure is exposed. Much easier than removing the glove box in the older models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
change TLX cabin air filter - EASY

This is very similar to changing the Acura TL cabin air filter.

1. Open glove box and remove all contents
2. Pull out L-shaped shelf.
3. Remove rectangular cover from the bottom (2 pins)
4. Remove air filter door from the sides (2 clips)
5. Remove air filter. Make note of air flow direction (down).
6. Insert new air filter - same orientation. Make sure air flow arrow points down.
7. Repeat 1 - 4 in reverse order.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Found this.... for the car-challenged (like me)... who may not be sure even with the very clear written instruction. ;)

https://youtu.be/F_gpCvp15dg

Reactions: andleigh
1 - 8 of 8 Posts