Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my 2015 tlx V6 sh the other day. I noticed the rotors were pretty crappy so I let the salesmen know and they said the rotors have been cut before and we went back and forth about them fixing it. At the end I decided to not go ahead with the purchase and asked for my deposit back. They then agreed to cut the rotors for me. So we did the deal whatever now they owe me that. They called me today to schedule the repair for next week. Whatever call went fine, loaner car whatever. I’m at work thinking after the call and I’m like “wait they already told me they were cut one before?!” So I was going to call them up and get ready to argue with them cause I’m sure they’ll tell me some BS line.

I decided to come in here and ask what should I do? If this isn’t in the right place feel free to move it and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Most rotors these days are too thin from the factory to be cut when they are worn. If they had already been cut they may be too thin to do it again.
If they call you to tell you they can’t be cut tell them that they should replace them for you at no cost since they told you they’d cut them and they can’t. Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
765 Posts
@MrMoo has it right. The minimum thickness should not be allowed after turning down the rotor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to wait for the date of the appointment and when I drop the car off I’m going to ask them what is the required thickness allowed by Acura. And compare it to what I can find myself. See what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts