Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am on my second month with my new TLX and I love the car. I got the base V6 with graphite exterior/black interior.

Two issues I'm having and I'm curious if anyone else is as well...

1) we had a rough March weather wise in NY and my calipers look corroded and rusted already, much worse than they should after a month. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

2) I'm not sure if it's the way is supposed to be but I can't seem to get any air flow out of my rear vents either on heat/AC. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome!

I can't speak for the callipers a as I haven't had the car in any kind of weather yet. I have had other vehicles where this has happened though. If you think it's abnormal maybe take it to the dealer and let them have a look.

For the rear vents did you check to see if they're open? There is a dial back there to open and close them. I only found that out today when someone was in the back seat and wasn't getting any air. Once the dial was moved to the open position the air started to flow. It seems like they are closed by default. Mine were at least. I say dial but it's kind of a wheel. The same as the front vents I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, they're definitely bad enough to bring in...never had this problem before on any other car so it was a bit concerning.

Regarding the vents, I'll double check to make sure I didn't miss that...thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I'm sure others who had their cars over the winter will be able to provide their experience with the brakes. A friend had a BMW with a similar experience and the dealer repainted them for him. It's worth a shot.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello Everyone,

I am on my second month with my new TLX and I love the car. I got the base V6 with graphite exterior/black interior.

Two issues I'm having and I'm curious if anyone else is as well...

1) we had a rough March weather wise in NY and my calipers look corroded and rusted already, much worse than they should after a month. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

2) I'm not sure if it's the way is supposed to be but I can't seem to get any air flow out of my rear vents either on heat/AC. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first two posts.

Good luck with your issues. I never sit in the back, but now I am curious to see if my rear vents are closed. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.