Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I truly dislike the way the brake calipers look thru the wheels. I think 'A' could have done a better job of designing a more appealing/aesthetic caliper. Did some searching, looked at our site partner and found these - MGP® - Custom Caliper Covers.

Thinking of getting them in a complementary color to the car, maybe with TLX engraving.

MGP® - Acura TLX 2015 Custom Caliper Covers

·
Registered
93 Posts
WAY too much money, $400 for covers? Ripoff!

Also, covers restrict air flow to the brakes which = bad.

Get a mechanic buddy and take them off and paint them yourself for $20 or so.

·
Registered
191 Posts
WAY too much money, $400 for covers? Ripoff!

Also, covers restrict air flow to the brakes which = bad.

Get a mechanic buddy and take them off and paint them yourself for $20 or so.
+1 ! Don't do that or you may find a good mess-up of plastic everywhere if you brake too hard.
And painted is so better !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup, just paint...If you're incredible lazy, look at craigslist, several people willing to do it in my area for $50...

I've had a friend do it with the wheels on and a paint brush, just need one person in the drivers seat with the window down to creep forward to get the whole caliper...To be clear do NOT paint unless the car is stopped...

·
Registered
979 Posts
everytime i do a brake job i always paint my calipers just silver to get rid of that nasty rusty look. the cleanest/easiest way i found to do it was to just use one of those small sponge brushes, spray some of the paint from the can into the cap, and then dab it onto the caliper. no mess, no overspray easy peasy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
those $400 prices are if you get custom engraving/carbon fiber etc.. stuff the regular guy cant just do in a garage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts