Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2008 C320 Mercedes was simply falling apart at the seams, Mercedes Benz are total junk these days. Couldn't stand it anymore, I told her to go to the Acura store and just buy an Acura and be done with. She settled on a Black 4 Cyl Base. If it were my daily driver, I would had paid the extra 4 grand and got a AWD V6, but my wife didn't want to spend the extra dough, being this was an unexpected 30k dollar purchase.

So far we are very pleased with it, with the exception of the following:

The paint is soooooo thin. This is our ninth Acura. compared to the other Acuras we have owned or currently own, it already has paint chips. I put my 2002 MDX beside it, compared the depth of the rock chips on her TLX and the MDX, there's no comparison, The MDX's paint is much thicker and my son's 2006 Type-S RSX's paint is much thicker as well.

The transmission shifts really strange from 1st to 3rd regardless of what mode I am in.

Lastly, it doesn't handle worth a crap in the snow. She got stuck in the driveway and had to take my new MDX, I had to drive my old one. I am assuming it's because the 4 cyl is much lighter than the V6 TL and the V6 Legends we have had in the past. It's pretty light for such a big car.

All in all, I love the technology, Mercedes technology is non-existent. So yes, we are very pleased. It's a beautiful car and has very little road noise, a must for my wife because she very rarely listens to the radio :) such a shame because the stereo sounds amazing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You love your wife and she is the best thing that happened to you. Right? So for next winter, splurge and buy her some steel rims and winter tires. She will love you for looking after her and may even give you a special reward.

Ps. My wife's 2008 MB C300 is in great shape. In the last 2 years only had to replace a failed drivers side door lock and the armrest that was cracked. Otherwise it is great shape, so not junk with this one.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

My wife's 2008 C320 Mercedes was simply falling apart at the seams, Mercedes Benz are total junk these days. Couldn't stand it anymore, I told her to go to the Acura store and just buy an Acura and be done with. She settled on a Black 4 Cyl Base. If it were my daily driver, I would had paid the extra 4 grand and got a AWD V6, but my wife didn't want to spend the extra dough, being this was an unexpected 30k dollar purchase.

So far we are very pleased with it, with the exception of the following:

The paint is soooooo thin. This is our ninth Acura. compared to the other Acuras we have owned or currently own, it already has paint chips. I put my 2002 MDX beside it, compared the depth of the rock chips on her TLX and the MDX, there's no comparison, The MDX's paint is much thicker and my son's 2006 Type-S RSX's paint is much thicker as well.

The transmission shifts really strange from 1st to 3rd regardless of what mode I am in.

Lastly, it doesn't handle worth a crap in the snow. She got stuck in the driveway and had to take my new MDX, I had to drive my old one. I am assuming it's because the 4 cyl is much lighter than the V6 TL and the V6 Legends we have had in the past. It's pretty light for such a big car.

All in all, I love the technology, Mercedes technology is non-existent. So yes, we are very pleased. It's a beautiful car and has very little road noise, a must for my wife because she very rarely listens to the radio :) such a shame because the stereo sounds amazing.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

No snow down here so the car drives great. It is nice and quiet inside which helps the music sound better. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice move from a Benz, not surprised to hear about your experience with the C class. One thing with German vehicles... i always get rid of them before the warranty is up, after that... it's a big gamble!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts