Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having problems with the Bluetooth?
My TLX 6 Tech Bluetooth randomly won't work, cuts out, refuses to disconnect. Frequently the FM/AM won't work, cuts off and on. 3 times the dealer tried to correct without success. Now says there are compatibility problems with Apple. I traded in my i4 for an i5, but the problems persist. Dealer claims Acura is working on it with Apple, but I'm doubtful.

Anyone else having these problems?

Any thoughts on what's going on?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Is anyone having problems with the Bluetooth?
My TLX 6 Tech Bluetooth randomly won't work, cuts out, refuses to disconnect. Frequently the FM/AM won't work, cuts off and on. 3 times the dealer tried to correct without success. Now says there are compatibility problems with Apple. I traded in my i4 for an i5, but the problems persist. Dealer claims Acura is working on it with Apple, but I'm doubtful.

Any thoughts on what's going on?
I only saw one issue discussed earlier. I forgot where it was and used Search for the first time and it worked...

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/2114-apple-acuralink-apps.html

There are a lot of Apple users in this forum. I don't remember them saying anything about a bluetooth issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only issue I've been having is that sometimes I can browse what's on my iPhone to select a playlist or specific track over bluetooth but then sometimes I can't. It will list the iPhone as a bluetooth device but clicking on it does nothing (no sound effect that it was selected and it doesn't go into the media on the device just stays on the screen that lists the iPhone as a bluetooth device).

This doesn't seem to affect sound or the track meta info if something is already playing, just doesn't let me browse for new tracks. I've also been using siri to select music which has had occasional issues. Sometimes holding down the talk button won't engage siri, it's kind of hit or miss.

This is on an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts