Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was following my wife, driving her Pilot to the dealer, with my TLX. To my surprise I heard my wife's special ringtone signifying a call from my daughter. I saw my daughter's # on my screen and briefly heard her voice. As traffic moved, the call dropped out, but I picked it back up when I came in close proximity to the Pilot again.
Apparently my wife's phone (in ner Pilot) paired with the bluetooth in my TLX.

Verrrrry amusing...

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup... Similar... I was having a business call on my mobile phone in the house, when my wife pulled into the driveway in my car (which did not yet have her phone paired to it). My business call "hopped" out to the car with my wife. I was cut off, and suddenly my colleague and my wife were talking, and didn't know why.

Fortunately, all were amused.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Though this situation was a little awkward... it does suggest that I can approach the car while on a call, and that call will "hop" to the bluetooth when I turn the car on. (not yet tested and confirmed).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find it interesting that this isn't standard across all cars with bluetooth. For instance, it takes a few second in Hondas for the call to be handed off, but with Toyota, as soon as the car has power, the call is routed to bluetooth. Didn't know it had such range though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had my TLX (4 cyl - Tech) for a week. Both my husband and I have our cell phones paired, but the car likes to stay with the last one paired, no matter who is driving. The dealer said the non-driver should turn pairing off for that phone and the car will pick up the other phone. Does anyone know of a simpler way to switch between paired phones, either by voice command or the MID? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was also having this problem, so I set my Bluetooth app as a short cut on my phone. Now when I don't want it paired I just swipe down and tap on the Bluetooth icon. It turns it off and connects to what other device I have with me.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Hi Diane. Welcome to the forum.

Nothing I've seen in the owners manuals talk about phone priority. The only option I see in the car's system is to delete a paired phone. It sounds as though turning off Bluetooth on the phone you don't want to connect is the simplest method.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can't remember the exact sequence... but put "Phone" up on the screen, and within one or two selections you can manually pick which phone you want the car to pair with.. I just did this a few hours ago... It took me about 10 seconds to find the option.

(EDIT Correction... that was in the RDX... I'll be in the TLX shortly, and will confirm that it has the same capability)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would also think that what Driver and key are being used would set the priority.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I read in another forum...I can't remember which one now...maybe MDX that the paired phone and the driver memory settings (I.e which fob used to unlock the door) don't work together. This would make the most sense but it doesn't work that way. It's the last phone paired with the system as mentioned above. I haven't confirmed this though. I only have one phone paired with mine.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I have had my TLX (4 cyl - Tech) for a week. Both my husband and I have our cell phones paired, but the car likes to stay with the last one paired, no matter who is driving. The dealer said the non-driver should turn pairing off for that phone and the car will pick up the other phone. Does anyone know of a simpler way to switch between paired phones, either by voice command or the MID? Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts.

Please tell us more about yourself and your TLX experiences during your first week. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Do not know if I should start another thread, but I have a question about Bluetooth connection at start-up.
2015 TLX V6 Advance, iPhone 5 w/iOS 8.3
Upon start up of the car, Bluetooth will appear to connect to my phone and initiate a call to my phone number (same as the iPhone 5).
I am presented on the screen to either Transfer, Hangup or turn on the keypad. Pushing Hangup results in no action. Pushing Transfer, I can then Hangup!
Looking at my phone, I do not see any activity in the Phone app.
Shut down car. Shut off Bluetooth on my phone. Started car, and it did not connect, nor attempt a call to my number (expected). Shut down car.
Enabled Bluetooth, turned on the car and same sequence of initiating (and then timing the call) to my phone.
This happened in the garage (where I also have a Link-to-cell cordless phone system) and also far away from home.

Anyone else observe this?
I will restart the iPhone and see if this continues.

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts