Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I recently purchased a 2015 TLX, and the Bluetooth has been working fine. Just recently the Bluetooth music function stopped working. My phone (iphone 6 iOS 12) remains connected and the call functions work, but the music doesn’t come through and the display doesn’t show any artists, titles, etc. The weird part is, my phone is still controlled by the cars system (the phone shows a song playing, plays, pauses, skips, etc with inputs to the cars system, and says its playing through hands free link).

Anybody having a similar issue or know of a fix? I’ve tried resetting the phone, unpairing/re-pairing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all - I recently purchased a 2015 TLX, and the Bluetooth has been working fine. Just recently the Bluetooth music function stopped working. My phone (iphone 6 iOS 12) remains connected and the call functions work, but the music doesn’t come through and the display doesn’t show any artists, titles, etc. The weird part is, my phone is still controlled by the cars system (the phone shows a song playing, plays, pauses, skips, etc with inputs to the cars system, and says its playing through hands free link).

Anybody having a similar issue or know of a fix? I’ve tried resetting the phone, unpairing/re-pairing.

Thanks!
Two things I can think of for you to try:

1) Check your phone bluetooth settings to see if the audio setting is active. You can choose to only have the bluetooth connection handle calls, not media. So it might be turned off.

2) Try adding your phone as a bluetooth audio device, instead of adding a phone. If you go to the Settings -> Bluetooth menu, you should find the option to add a audio/music/media device (Forgot what the option is called atm).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two things I can think of for you to try:

1) Check your phone bluetooth settings to see if the audio setting is active. You can choose to only have the bluetooth connection handle calls, not media. So it might be turned off.

2) Try adding your phone as a bluetooth audio device, instead of adding a phone. If you go to the Settings -> Bluetooth menu, you should find the option to add a audio/music/media device (Forgot what the option is called atm).
Thanks for the advice. It's unlikely the first reason since I can't even find such a setting on the iphone, and it used to work then randomly stopped working without changing any settings. I'll give the other one a shot, but would this make the phone not work via bluetooth?

·
Registered
498 Posts
This may not be it, but I had a similar problem when I first got my car. It showed that it was playing but I couldn’t hear anything.

It turned out that my volume was all the way down when connected to the Bluetooth. I just had to use the volume up button on the side of my phone to turn it all the way up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may not be it, but I had a similar problem when I first got my car. It showed that it was playing but I couldn’t hear anything.

It turned out that my volume was all the way down when connected to the Bluetooth. I just had to use the volume up button on the side of my phone to turn it all the way up.
Tried that too ? The music information doesn’t even show on the cars screens... although the play/pause/skip buttons in the car still change the song on the phone. It’s really weird.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As it turns out, my battery died, and when the car was jumped the problem went away... perhaps it was the phone reset, perhaps not.
My only current frustration is no ability to play bluetooth music on random through the head unit! I've just been using Siri eyes free, but it is a minor annoyance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes, the Bluetooth issue happens on my phone. But I change the way to get my songs. My friend told me that choosing a converter from Google does work. Keep the songs forever on my own device. In this way, I can play my songs in my car by USB cable instead of using Bluetooth. The converter also has a free-trial period. It is free to use. Thanks to DumpMedia.

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
I resurrected an old iPhone that I filled only with music. It is attached via USB and sits in the lower section of the center console. I also have a CD loaded with MP3's always in the CD slot. Always plenty of sources for music (NO XM tho!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts