Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone 4S and today I updated to the newest version of iOS (version 8.1.2). After the update I am unable to make a call using the bluetooth. This has never happened before so it leads me to believe there is something in the iOS update that messed up my phone. I have not had time to dig into this to figure out what is going on. I wanted to warn everyone to maybe not be in a big rush to update your phone. When I find out more about this I will provide an update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S and today I updated to the newest version of iOS (version 8.1.2). After the update I am unable to make a call using the bluetooth. This has never happened before so it leads me to believe there is something in the iOS update that messed up my phone. I have not had time to dig into this to figure out what is going on. I wanted to warn everyone to maybe not be in a big rush to update your phone. When I find out more about this I will provide an update.
Yea my salesman said I shouldn't update my 5C to iOS 8 until they figure it out.

·
Banned
15 Posts
iOS 8 works with TLX bluetooth. I have iphone 6 plus with newest update 8.1.2 and it works fine. Could be something wrong with older iPhones like 4 series and 5 series iPhones.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S and today I updated to the newest version of iOS (version 8.1.2). After the update I am unable to make a call using the bluetooth.
I think have seen other reports that suggest that you unpair the phone and the redo the pairing. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll give it a try on my 5S tomorrow. If no joy, I will try @TLX2014 trick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure that when you pair your phone you tap the little i beside the pairing and turn on the show notifications feature, then when you get your first text it will ask you if you want the notifications shown on the screen(car) select yes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I can not pair my iPhone 4S with the car now. There must be something in the new update that is messing up the Bluetooth. I see lots of other people with different vehicles having the same problem. I will keep trying to find a fix.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what fixed it for me was deleting my phone from the car and then having it re-discover it.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
681 Posts
Fyi my 5S has no issues. No need to re-pair etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts