Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

call me a n00b if you wish, but i was wondering if anybody can give me a step by step instructions (after the phone is paired) on how to get AVRCP to work with the TLX. by AVRCP i mean being able to select files to play and pause from your phone via the center touchscreen

or, please enlighten me as to what you do to get the TLX to play back music files stored on your android phone via bluetooth

i got it paired, but the touchscreen does not display any files, playback buttons are useless because there are no files to load

i use a LG google nexus 5 if that helps

ADD:
never mind, looks like it doesnt support, too bad
https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6048862?hl=en-CA

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
by AVRCP i mean being able to select files to play and pause from your phone via the center touchscreen
Glad you answered your own question and thanks for teaching me a new term. I knew about A2DP, but I just learned about AVRCP.

I have a Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2 and I thought it worked like it did in my 2011 TSX. In my 2011 TSX, it would start playing music automatically. The first time I forgot I left the radio in BT mode and when I got in again, I found that I really enjoyed the music. I thought I found the perfect station and then I realized it was from my library on my phone.:eek:

Anyhow, I thought it would work the same on the TLX, but I don't see it auto connect. If I manually open a sound player and select a MP3, from then on I have control on the ELS console, but not until then. If I have the music player already open in the background on the phone, AVRCP seems to work fine. But from a cold run, no. I also have to start my audiobook player manually as well. It can also be controlled on the console after I start it on the phone.

It's odd that Pandora works correctly but there is a dedicated Pandora mode. Interesting.

Tomorrow I need to read up on AVRCP.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
just curious, what android app do you use to play your mp3 on your phone?

google play music actually works with the TLX touchscreen controls, but i dont like the google play music app in that it will not let me select mp3s from a "file selector" format (folders/files) and sorts the songs by metadata info

and i dont like google play music automatically plays music once it's connected to BT or when you insert your headphones. i disable the app for good

ADD:
tried a few tweaks and updating apps, now i can control my audio playback on the touchscreen and skip to next song etc within the same folder. cant change folders however. i am using maple player JB as my android player. 2 issues though: like google play music, music plays once bluetooth audio is connected. and second, there is still a 2 second lag for some reason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone help me with Pandora integration with my Samsung Note 3. I am able to connect the phone just fine to bluetooth, and the station, like buttons, and pause play button all show up on the touch screen and work just fine. My phone also says it's in accessory mode, but the sound does not play through my car, it just keeps playing through my phone?

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Is it only with Pandora that the sound doesn't come through the car's speakers? Do you have any other music on your phone that streams as expected?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Can someone help me with Pandora integration with my Samsung Note 3. I am able to connect the phone just fine to bluetooth, and the station, like buttons, and pause play button all show up on the touch screen and work just fine. My phone also says it's in accessory mode, but the sound does not play through my car, it just keeps playing through my phone?
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Sorry to hear about Pandora issues. My Pandora worked automatically after I paired the phone.

As someone asked in a previous post, can you stream anything? Such as music on your phone or Audible or Tunein Radio? Pandora is cool because all of the functionality is available on the touch screen car console. I have a Samsung S4. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am able to stream all other audio except Pandora, I am going to my dealership tomorrow to see if they can help me. Also when you plug in your phone for USB audio, does it say no supported?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
I am able to stream all other audio except Pandora, I am going to my dealership tomorrow to see if they can help me. Also when you plug in your phone for USB audio, does it say no supported?
Personally I haven't tried to hookup my phone to USB. I only inserted a Thumb Drive in the USB and used the phone only on Bluetooth.

The Pandora issue definitely "sounds" like a dealer question. Pandora should work automagically as long as you have the app on the phone, which you do.

I wonder if anyone else tried their phones on the the USB connection?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will ask my salesperson that tomorrow as well, I feel like it's a phone compatibility issue though. It also doesn't work in my dad's 2012 MDX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts